CrazyEngineers
  • Am having a problem with my external hard disk. It is a 1TB hard disk. And i have saved my important files on it. It shows the amount of free space but when i open it , it shows that the folder is empty. I even searched for various solutions and found no result.
    I have deleted the autorun using the command prompt but was of no use.
    Still the problem persists.
    Can anyone suggest what do i do..
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Nayan Goenka

MemberApr 29, 2014

scan disk the whole thing
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Vikram S Bargah

MemberApr 29, 2014

sangoju
    Am having a problem with my external hard disk. It is a 1TB hard disk. And i have saved my important files on it. It shows the amount of free space but when i open it , it shows that the folder is empty. I even searched for various solutions and found no result.
    I have deleted the autorun using the command prompt but was of no use.
    Still the problem persists.
    Can anyone suggest what do i do..

Try these steps . This may Help

1. Go to My Computers --> tools--> folder option --> on view tab - select hidden files & Folders

2. Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files [Recommended]" (visible just below the hidden files & folder option)

& you'r done. u have access to all your folders & files of all your external memory devices
    Cancel
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran

MemberApr 29, 2014

I faced similar problem in pendrive and i followed the same procedure as vikram described above.Hope it solves your problem also.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register