A problem of my external hard disk

Am having a problem with my external hard disk. It is a 1TB hard disk. And i have saved my important files on it. It shows the amount of free space but when i open it , it shows that the folder is empty. I even searched for various solutions and found no result.
I have deleted the autorun using the command prompt but was of no use.
Still the problem persists.
Can anyone suggest what do i do..

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    scan disk the whole thing
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    sangoju
    Am having a problem with my external hard disk. It is a 1TB hard disk. And i have saved my important files on it. It shows the amount of free space but when i open it , it shows that the folder is empty. I even searched for various solutions and found no result.
    I have deleted the autorun using the command prompt but was of no use.
    Still the problem persists.
    Can anyone suggest what do i do..

Try these steps . This may Help

1. Go to My Computers --> tools--> folder option --> on view tab - select hidden files & Folders

2. Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files [Recommended]" (visible just below the hidden files & folder option)

& you'r done. u have access to all your folders & files of all your external memory devices
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I faced similar problem in pendrive and i followed the same procedure as vikram described above.Hope it solves your problem also.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

dear admin , I'm in real need of help to choose between tcs and tavant technologies . I have been placed in these companies through college and the profiles being...
Rice University chemists have developed a flexible, portable material using nanoporous nickel-fluoride electrodes layered around a solid electrolyte to furnish a battery-like supercapacitor performance which incorporate the best qualities of...
A new app called Guide Dots on Android, designed specially for the visually impaired people, combines the power of popular services such as Google Maps and Facebook Places with a...
Microsoft’s research division has found a way by which PC users can enjoy gesture commands without involving intrusive hardware. Microsoft Research’s Type-Hover-Swipe keyboard gets its motion sensing capabilities from a...
It's interesting! Boy, it surely is interesting! The government in the Netherlands has the immigration law that requires the immigrants to show proficiency in Dutch language and also have the...