A Crazy Crazy Idea!

Oh my. I just thought of a really creative and crazy idea!

I guess in the Technical Section, once a week the Admins (for now), select an interesting topic related to:

-Latest research
-Environmental Problems
-Engineering Problems
-A new CE Invention

And we assign a few teams to the project, a collection of people from all fields.

Each team can consist of 3 to 5 members from all areas of Sciences! Come up with solutions, do some research, and write a report before the deadline (by Admins).

The admins (or all the teams together in a Poll) can then select the best report and announce them in the Announcement Section.

Any changes to this idea are welcome. ^^

Regards to all CE's

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Boy! ๐Ÿ˜€

This is something! Thumbs up xheavenlyx [โ€‹IMG] !

Great idea! Let us gather inputs from CEans before we finally decide on this.

-The Big K-
  • instruite
    instruite
    nice idea
    but to make this idea a sucess more number of active members will be required
  • aashima
    aashima
    Amazing idea !!! Splendid! Lets get started with it as soon as possible. What say CEans?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, we need more number of active CEans. Moreover, "once a week" looks quite aggressive.

We may also plan for "CE-Innovation" section to accomodate all the innovative ideas we might generate here. What say? ๐Ÿ˜‰

But for all these ideas to be successful, we need more Crazy Engineers!

One thing is assured, we will never run out of (crazy) ideas!

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    nice idea
    but to make this idea a success more number of active members will be required
    Well, we do need more active members and thus I am all out on advertising (not in a corporate way but intellectually ๐Ÿ˜› ). But the problem is I really dont know where and whom to tell. Big_K give some ideas on this.

We may also plan for "CE-Innovation" section to accommodate all the innovative ideas we might generate here. What say?
    And for this, lets just loosely start some innovation threads with a Tag 'Innovation' so its really easy to search it later on. After a few hits we can get this flowing. Moreover, initially there is no need for teams, but just a thread where members can post in their rough ideas and grow on it.

Later when an outlined idea has been reached we can ask whoever is interested, to write a Report, solo or chorus.

Another thing to consider is that we can start two threads for a idea. The Main 'Innovation' and 'Innovation-loonies' which has the discussion on who all are interested and why and who will write the report with who, blah blah.

Guys if anyone has a suggestion, write it. We have to make this a possibility so that CE is more attractive then before and can easily get new members!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, we do need more active members and thus I am all out on advertising (not in a corporate way but intellectually ๐Ÿ˜› ). But the problem is I really don't know where and whom to tell. Big_K give some ideas on this.
    CrazyEngineers community is for the Engineers. But well, how do we identify 'Engineers'? Now in my opinion, "engineering" is all about "mindset". Nothing else matters. One need not complete 4-5 years of formal education in Engineering to be an Engineer (that's my personal opinion, open to debate!). So it does not matter if you are doctor, 10 year old kid, a painter or even if an alien from Mars! We only expect you to have "engineer's mindset", ideas and motivation to bring them to reality.

Advertising is good ๐Ÿ˜€ ! You can invite your friends, colleagues or even include a link to CrazyEngineers in your email signature. Of course, you are only limited by your imagination .

And for this, lets just loosely start some innovation threads with a Tag 'Innovation' so its really easy to search it later on. After a few hits we can get this flowing. Moreover, initially there is no need for teams, but just a thread where members can post in their rough ideas and grow on it.

Later when an outlined idea has been reached we can ask whoever is interested, to write a Report, solo or chorus.
    Pretty soon (provided Murphy's law doesn't interfere) we will have good articles posted by experienced CEans (talks are on). But it makes sense that we burp out our own ideas and discuss them with CEans. Of course as we grow bigger, we will have idea originator to take lead to turn the idea into reality. We will also make sure that the good ideas are well protected.

Another thing to consider is that we can start two threads for a idea. The Main 'Innovation' and 'Innovation-loonies' which has the discussion on who all are interested and why and who will write the report with who, blah blah.
    Good idea! ๐Ÿ˜€ Introducing new sections or restructuring is no big deal. We need at least 5-10 discussion threads to have a new section.

I think that's enough of discussion. Let's get into action. CEans! Jump In!

-The Big K-
    p.s 1:
    Excuse me if above text contains grammar blunders/typos. I'm bit sleepy.
    p.s 2 : CEans call me "Biggie" ๐Ÿ˜ It sounds cooler than "Big_K".
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Yes biggie (wow, it does sound cool ๐Ÿ˜ ), thats a good idea. College is a good place to start. Ill look into and let you know soon.

Well, thats one good point you made their about our ideas being protected. ive been through some bad times with my friends taking an idea and making it ๐Ÿ˜”

Well, if keeping the forum archives is enough to proove we had it first or we ahve to do something legaly. I dont know about that.

If some senior professor signs the final report with the web link etc. Look into it please.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Stop worrying about protecting ideas. We will either do it in privet forums or use a secret "CE Code Place" ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Pradypop did initiate a project but we were only 300 CEans then. The project didn't take off. We will start working on our own projects but we need to grow first.

I estimate around 25-30 regular CEans will be enough to get started. Let us do a good job with articles and content till then.

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Sure, thats good. Lets start with the articles and then see where things go. I've been thinking of sometopics and write one soon. Try to get some more.

And by the looks of things, there are not many who are replying here. Why?

HAY CEeeeians! Wakeup! Where is everyone? maybeits just been 2 days :smile:

Anywho, we will concentrate on the articles first.

Regards
  • instruite
    instruite
    talking of linking or advertising
    Add the link to this place on my website's link section
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Also if you want me to add a image too, send me a small logo for this site on pm or post it in this thread

also you can post the information/links about this site on orkut and other forums
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Instruite, that is fantastic!

We do not have a CrazyEngineers banner as of now. So let's hope someone among us, who is good at photoshop will do the honor.

As I said, we will have articles coming in. Things will take a little longer though. In the meantime, xheavenlyx may take a lead and start working on an article.

CEan - Crook took an initiative to promote brand CE and his thread is located here ->
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Let us use the same thread to discuss various ways of letting people know of CrazyEngineers.

-The Big K-
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Heavenly,

Thats a great idea. I'm grateful to have you on the forum. However even I feel that a deadline of 1 week is very short to complete a project, considering all the CEans are also busy in their works.

I suggest that first lets have ideas coming up. Then we'll select some potential ideas and invite partcipation for their implementation. The initiator will lead the teams. They will try to complete the projects in by the deadline set by themselves.

Regarding copyrights, well, we will sort that issue soon.

We will take up this topic in our conference. One more thing, this discussion has started to look like a chat room. So guys please, if you want to carry out lenghty discussions, please do it on shout or on your Y! messengers.

Register for CE online conference, add crazy.engineers to your yahoo buddy list.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Instruite, yes I was thoinking about the orkut way. Ill do that in a day.

As for the project time, yes I agree we need more time. I guess, one week was for finalising what will the project will be about. In the same time we have to assign the teams. It isnt important if its a week or something, but just a safety measure so that we dont get many project then we can handle.

We have to put in more articles. So, im going to write one this week. Now, the topic I have thought of is 'Bits, Bytes and Mouthful'. I will start a new thread as - ' Article: Bits, Bytes and Mouthful ' This one is about the basic logic functions, practicle implimentation. I will further ask what they would like to learn and in which manner.

EDIT: I was thinking of two articles section for discussions and the main, but it was a waste of time and energy.

Bytheway, a standard thread icon must be researved for articles. how about the book sign. (The bulb for potential ideas)

EDIT : One thing we NEED to keep in mind is that writing articles might be easy but our OBJECTIVE must be to reply and respond to the comments of CE's and help them understand the topic! Which will be a little hectic but fruitful! What do you think?

P.S: Next in the pipeline : PC Interfacing. If someone can help me on this, its more than welcomed. Write small portions .etc.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Great going, xheavenlyx !

Just go ahead and put your article the way you want. Arranging the things properly is my job ๐Ÿ˜€ . We need good ideas to get started. Innovation is the future of CE.

So looking forward to your article. I hope it will grab attention of Computer folks!

All the Best! [โ€‹IMG]

-The Big K-
  • Mahesh
    Mahesh
    I'm in for research program but I want to know when it going to start.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    I will let you know as soon as I start wrtitng on the project. For now I am not planning for any. If other members have a project then Ive put down the rules how to start a new thread.

Project: to start a new project.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans ๐Ÿ˜ ! I guess many of our new members do not know who the CEans are! Well "CEans" are not a bunch of Engineers who work behind the...
Hello All CEans, I feel great pleasure to announce "The all hands meeting", the much awaited first CE online conference. Following are the details that you should know before joining:...
This is a code requested by a CEan long ago. It is based on Client-Server-Client ChatRoom system. It collects all the messages from all users and distributes this to all...
PC Parallel Port Interfacing Techniques - Part 1 6 October 2006 v1.0โ€‹ Article: 2 Elec: 3.5 Comp: 3 Mech: 0โ€‹ Introduction In this tutorial I will just introduce the PC...
Donald J. Trump & Robert Kiyosaki Two Men...One Message "Why we want you to be rich" Go grab it. ๐Ÿ˜ -The Big K-