Know your CEan - Just2Rock

CEans,

In our quest of uniting engineers around the world, we've joined hands with the craziest & the best engineers. CEan J2R, aka Just2Rock aka Soumik Ghosh is one of them. Soumik has been around on CE for quite some time. You'd find him replying to your technical questions or suggesting final year projects or discussion new kick-ass idea on CE Forums. CEan Prateek had a chat with CEan Soumik:

Q. You have worked as a CDMA Network Engineer, did R&D for INTEL Microcontroller chip with embedded designing and you are currently serving for CCTV, Biometric surveillance. Tell us about all your jobs in detail?

Soumik: Working in Reliance infocomm was great experience. Sharing tech. know-how's with some big persons like Mr. Amlan Dutta, Mr. Sibananda Chakrabarty (Head of CDMA, Kolkata) was vital for me to grab a fraction of CDMA tech. what I know today.

R&D work was all with embedded design, working with Intel Micro-controller programming and interfacing locomotive hardware with our product.

Q. Why did you choose to pursue an engineering degree?

Soumik: Well behind me choosing engineering as my career was all that started during my childhood days, where from I had a vision in mind to be an engineer by seeing my father and uncles as my mentor, they being engineers from IIT.

Q. What prompted you to start the Go India Blog?

Soumik: "#-Link-Snipped-#" is all about Technology. A Blog that you can know once you step in. It is my small efforts towards letting everyone know the technology behind a product they are seeing or reading about. Besides this, I also come across many aspiring engineering students who often get confused with their seminars, presentation topics etc. So I move forward to help them. It is for our next generation to leap forward with technology, hence I chose the name "Go India" and the Photo depicts our leap into Globalization. Patty, its now our turn "To Shout and say we are no more a Third world Country" rather "a country which resources and out sources technology all over the globe."

Q. Being a scholarship winner in 10th grade, B.Tech in Electronics and communications as an honours student. Is there more to Soumik Ghosh other than studies?

Soumik: Well Soumik Ghosh other than studies, is a very simple man, loves friends, likes to collect rare as well as scientific & technical documentaries etc. Pass time with my technical blog and Table tennis as a sport that I play. Patty, one of my very close friend cum school mate and my club player is now India's Rank 1 women's singles(TT) player ,she is Poulomi Ghatak.

Q. We would like to know more about your hobby of collecting rare documentaries? Any chances of sharing them with us?

Soumik: Besides Rare documentaries, Rare Stamp and coin collection are other hobby's that I endorse. Surely I will manage out time to share what I have with you all.

Q. What does the nick Just2Rock signify?

Soumik: Just2 rock!...well it signifies what it spells out..."to Rock"..Patty I am a hard core Rock lover...thats why the nick.

Q. What made you join CE? Any changes, that you think, will make this forum an even more rocking place to hang out?

Soumik: Joining CE was years back for me. Well CE joining came to me when I thought it to be the right time to share and reply to all tech. queries that are coming around.

Biggie had already asked me for my advise on such changes what you are mentioning about. See Patty, we are going pretty well, with pool of talents. What few changes required are:

1>arrange funds for CE to get ads on TV channels like many Tech. sites do, you know, and for CE meets

2>Hosting Live on TV or video conferencing live for tech. supports

Q. You're best achievement till date?

Soumik: Achievements:-

1}NALANDA Scholarship winner for 10th board exam

2} Passed out as an Honours 1st class -6th topper from Electronics dept. of my batch

3} Got approval from RDSO, Lucknow for providing R&D to their WAP-4(Passenger) locomotives running throughout INDIA with our Intel Microcontroller based Fault diagnostic and safety control project.

Q. An embarrassing moment that you would like to forget?

Soumik: My first speech in front of a group of engineers, I couldn't dictate anything and just walked out. That was the most embarrassing moment, I won't forget it since it has helped me a lot to prepare to shout and say what I have to.

Q. Describe yourself in 5 words

Soumik: Soumik as the name means "calm, multi talented, beautiful and friendly" so is me without multi talented..hahaha..but with an urge to do mare hard work and 1 thing

Patty that I have is empathy for needy. So this is me.

CE: Thanks for giving your valuable time to talk to us. We appreciate your efforts for CE and thank you for that.

Soumik: Patty so many questions...feels like back to exam days...hahaha! Ohh...man exams are over...now its time to get Bored reading my answers!

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wow, interesting stuff ๐Ÿ˜€ The collecting rare stuff requires a lot of dedication right? Good luck with your R&D work!

A video conferencing thing might start as early as 21st june ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Soumik: My first speech in front of a group of engineers, I couldn't dictate anything and just walked out. That was the most embarrassing moment, I won't forget it since it has helped me a lot to prepare to shout and say what I have to.
    Happens. The same thing had happened to Mr. Richard Branson! ๐Ÿ˜ But good to hear that you learned from your experience! Way to go!
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    ash
    Wow, interesting stuff ๐Ÿ˜€ The collecting rare stuff requires a lot of dedication right? Good luck with your R&D work!

A video conferencing thing might start as early as 21st june ๐Ÿ˜‰
    thankz ...Ash and yes Rare doc collection req. load of dedication for collecting the best with you

Output of my first TradeMark idea;-) for Video conferencing,Live Tech Support etc. will be seing soon...hope so!!
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    The_Big_K
    Happens. The same thing had happened to Mr. Richard Branson! ๐Ÿ˜ But good to hear that you learned from your experience! Way to go!
    tHANX Biggie and keep it coming

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm Deepak, Completed my BE (ECE) and currently working in bangalore as a software engineer. Looking at the kind of people around I feel I'm going to fit in perfectly....
I'm surprised we haven't discussed the concept of Web based operating systems yet! So here we go. I imagine a central server that hosts an operating system. We connect to...
No, I have not taken this interview. Neither do Joe Kraus knows me personally. (but ah!, I would like to know him though.) I was just plain impressed by the...
hii all! i just want to know how reliable external 2.5 " hdds are.. i had this one 80gb with usb support purchased a couple of months earlier. my system...
Can anyone explain what is "Time out error", "errcode1", in my vb.06 project. I could not locate in msdn also. Help me............ Rgds, Kallu.