CrazyEngineers
  • Lot of companies ( I guess IT companies ) allow their employees to work from home. Now, I want to know from you if work from home is cool or not? I've few friends who get to work from home and the absolutely love it.

What do you say?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Differential

MemberOct 14, 2008

That gives lot of flexibility ! You can adjust your timeings ! Don't have to go thru hectic traffic of IT cities. You can work without wearing formals 😀
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorOct 14, 2008

Differential
    You can work without wearing.😀
    How true.
    Cancel
  • sriramchandrk

MemberOct 14, 2008

Hey,

I feel better not to mix up professional life with personal life.
    Once i am back home i know i am free, but when you work from home you dont know when you will be free and when you are busy (a sort of mixed feeling), which i dont want.

There is a workaround to make yourself happy with WFH.
    Dedicate a special room at home for work so that family should not distrub and you are not attracted towards tv, food etc.,
    Behave as though you are in office (no pants are ok here also!)
    Work for 8 hrs and once your time is finished logoff from office network. comeout of the room.

Whats your take on my view?

Thanks & Regards
    Sriram
    Cancel
  • jhon007

MemberDec 22, 2008

Hi friends,
    i am too happy. i meet all of u. love u all. 😀😁
    <snipped>
    Cancel
  • jhon007

MemberDec 22, 2008

Hey,

I feel better not to mix up professional life with personal life.
    Once i am back home i know i am free, but when you work from home you dont know when you will be free and when you are busy (a sort of mixed feeling), which i dont want.
    <removed>
    Cancel
  • durga ch

MemberDec 24, 2008

it depends..not always but i do work from home.. but make sure tht i work only for 8 hrs... and nothing more...

yup but when needed work from office is carried to home and continued as well
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberDec 25, 2008

If I was a (single) freelance engineer, I'd work in a studio apartment.

If I was married with children.. I would not want to work at home. Call me weird, but I kind of prefer it if my family misses me for a while (and me missing them, for "absence makes the heart grow fonder"), and when I reach home, my kids would shout "Daddy's home!!" while I give them some toys I got on the way home, and my wife some fresh flowers.

*grin*
    Cancel
  • surveycheese

MemberJun 27, 2009

Take simple online survey, make a difference by sharing your opinion, receive $5 - $75 per survey ---> Surveycheese.com , Sign up NOW! #-Link-Snipped-#.

------------
    visit us
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • shalini_goel14

MemberJun 27, 2009

I would love to work from home 😁 but unfortunately my team people would never give me right to work from home. 😛 Still 1 drawback for people who work from home is they can be called any time to work even when they don't want to 😔
    Cancel
  • ms_cs

MemberJun 27, 2009

I would not like to work from home
    Cancel
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla

MemberJul 7, 2009

I dont like to work from home, if we come to office we have friends ,collegues etc etc ..
    we enjoy working as a team so no work from home 😀
    Cancel
  • kapilraj

MemberOct 20, 2009

it depends,for me it would be great
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register