YotaPhone 2 Set To Endear Itself To E-book Readers As Well As Mobile Geeks

Russian mobile broadband services provider and smartphone manufacturer, Yota, announced in February of this year that the YotaPhone 2 will go on sale by the end of the year. The double-display smartphone has been launched in London recently after going on sale in Russia. It is speculated that the smartphone will be launched in China and rest of Asia Pacific region early next year. YotaPhone 2 like its predecessor, YotaPhone Released In Russia, Features Dual-Screen With LCD & E-Ink Display- the world's first smartphone with two screens, has two displays, a 5 inch capacitive touchscreen with screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels on front side and 4.7 inch, 960 x 540 pixels electronic paper screen on the back. Unlike YotaPhone, the successor’s secondary screen is now fully multitouch-enabled and has refresh rate of 0.012 seconds.

yotaphone

Running on Android 4.4 KitKat operating system, YotaPhone 2 is blessed with quad-core 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 800 processor. It has 2 GB RAM and 32 GB in-built storage. Speaking about the cameras, YotaPhone 2 has 8 MP rear camera and 2 MP front facing camera. The camera features include video recording, auto focus, digital zoom, flash (LED) and contact pictures. The framework of the handset measures 144 x 69.5 x 8.9 mm and weighs 145 g (4.9 oz) and supports nano-SIM.

yota

The e-ink Android phone is powered by 2500mAh Li-ion battery. It offers 100 hours support during reading mode and also provides more than 24 hours support for web browsing via 4G connectivity. Both the screens are covered in Gorilla Glass 3. The e-ink display on the back offers a good reading experience as it can work as an e-book. The users can also read news, RSS-feeds, blogs, messages, et al.

As far as connectivity is concerned, YotaPhone 2 has Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac), Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB, GPS, and GLONASS. Yota is also providing sensors such as gyroscope, accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor and compass and default apps like alarm, calculator, calendar.

The YotaPhone 2 is available in Russia at 32990 rubbles and in London at 555 pounds. The manufacturers of this phone hope to market it as a dual purpose gadget for both e-book readers and the android lovers by making its e-ink display its USP. However, given the dominance of competitors like kindle, Nook and Kobo it remains to be seen whether this innovative gadget leaves these noteworthy e-book opponents appear obsolete or whether the e-book purists stick with the standalone devices.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm only looking for success stories - small or big does NOT matter. I believe each one of us has a success story; no matter how big or small. It...
Hello everyone, i have bad academics in diploma and engineering. i have 2 year drop in degree+diploma academic. i recently got a job but i am not paid for my...
Researchers at University of California, Riverside have developed and demonstrated a new rewritable paper that uses ultraviolet light to print text which can be later erased by heat to make...
Knowingly or not, you have contributed to digitizing books, build machine learning datasets, improving Google Maps and whatnot. Courtesy: the CAPTCHA project. The wobbly, distorted text that you had to...
Frank Swain, a science writer and sound artist Daniel Jones have made it possible for people to listen Wi-Fi signals. They have managed to hack Bluetooth hearing aids to monitor...