Xiaomi's Redmi Note 5 to launch in mid 2018, expected to cost around Rs 15,700

Xiaomi's upcoming flagship killer - the 'Redmi Note 5' has again found its way to the internet. The much-awaited device which is the successor of India's one of the top-selling smartphones has been tipped to be unveiled in the second quarter of 2018. According to a third party site named MyDrivers, the smartphone will be launched somewhere near the second quarter of 2018 with a base price tag of CNY 1,599, rounding up roughly around Rs 15,700 in the Indian currency.

Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-Artist-Render
An artist's rendition of Xiaomi's Upcoming Redmi Note 5

As per the rumors, the launch of the device has been delayed and the Redmi 5 Plus will be the next smartphone to be unveiled. The most obvious reason seems to be the delay in the announcement of Snapdragon's 632 processors which is being used in the Redmi Note 5. The Snapdragon 632 will be a low clocked undervolted chipset with Qualcomm Spectra 160 ISP modem. The underclocked chipset will not only address the heating problem but will also improve the longevity of the device. ISP 160 modem, on the other hand, will improve the quality of the dual cameras and thus, will eliminate the issues encountered in the earlier version of the Redmi series.

Redmi Note 5 will feature a 5.9 inch full HD screen with a resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. The screen will have 18:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels. Along with Qualcomm Snapdragon 632 processor, the phone will come with 3 GB /4 GB RAM with 32 GB /64 GB internal storage. A dual rear camera setup has been expected with a 5 MP camera at the front.

Though other specifications are still left to be unveiled, the device has already made quite a buzz in the smartphone market. If offered at a price of Rs 15,700, the Redmi Note 5 series will triumph the mid-budget segment smartphone just like the Redmi Note 4. However, keeping the rumors aside, our eyes will be on Mobile World Congress 2018 which is an active spot for smartphones like these to be unveiled.

Source - 首发骁龙632+新全面屏!红米Note 5曝光:要涨价-快科技-科技改变生活

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Are you looking to kick-start the new year 2018 with a brand new smartphone? Indian's leading online retailer Flipkart is here to help you do just that by hosting this...
Last year we had informed you that Microsoft had killed Kinect. Now once you have killed something, it is dead but what if it could be killed further. Microsoft, the...
Now I am in BE mechanical enginnering.I got 52% in HSC and 75% in SSC. Can I eligible for core or non-core companies.please tell me the list of companies in...
Let us talk about the early hackers to understand what is hacking . John Drapper also known as Captain Crunch is one of them. It was way back in 1970's....
In the second quarter of last year, Amazon had launched an innovative fashion accessory called the Echo Look. This Alexa-equipped camera could take pictures and videos of you and tell...