Xiaomi's Mi A2 (Mi 6x) to launch in China on April 25, expected to launch in India around May

Xiaomi has launched a lot of value for money smartphones, both in China as well as in India. One of them will be the Mi A1, also known as Mi 5x in China. Mi A1 was launched a few months earlier and with its stock Android feature and good camera specifications, it had a lot of demand in the Indian market. Now after its huge success, Xiaomi is going to launch its successor Mi 6x in China on April 25. The company has started rolling out invites for the launch of a new smartphone and according to many tipsters, the company will unveil the much-rumored Mi 6x during the launch event. The invite was first spotted on the Chinese microblogging site Weibo and later, on Twitter, the officials confirmed the same. However, they refrained from confirming the name of the device but informed that the event will occur at Wuhan University.

Launch-Invite-Mi-6x-April-25

Image of the invitee which leaked out on Weibo's Mi Handle

Much of the specifications of Xiaomi's Mi 6x is already out. The device has been recently spotted on TENAA and several images have also come out giving us an idea of how the device will look like. The smartphone is rumored to come with a 5.99-inch display, sporting an 18:9 display aspect ratio. It will have an upgrade in the camera department as it is expected to come out with dual camera setup with 20 MP + 12 MP Sony IMX 486 sensors. The front camera is expected to have 20 MP Sony IMX 376 sensor and it will resemble much like that of the Xiaomi's recently released Redmi Note 5 Pro.

Xiaomi-Mi-6x

Xiaomi's Mi 6x Leaked Image

Unlike the screen and the camera, the smartphone won't receive much of an upgrade in its processor. As per the leaks, it is supposed to retain the power efficient Qualcomm's Snapdragon 626 Soc and is expected to come with a 3000 mAh Li-ion battery. However, another leak suggests that the Xiaomi might bring this device with an upgraded processor because of its partnership with the MediaTek. The device is expected to have 4GB/6GB of RAM and 64 GB of ROM and it will also support a microSD card via a hybrid SIM slot.

Because of its huge success in the Indian market, many tech enthusiasts believe that the Mi A2 (Mi 6x) will be soon launched in India. If unveiled on April 25 in China, the smartphone is expected to enter the Indian market in the early phase of Q2. Many leaks have suggested that the smartphone might be launched in India during mid-May. Keeping the rumors aside, the stock Android features and the camera performance of the Mi A2 will be its USP. As Xiaomi launches most of its smartphone in India with an aggressive price, it is expected that the Mi A2 will also receive a similar demand from users like that of Mi A1.

Source - #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Homegrown consumer electronics manufacturer Intex Technologies has launched a new smartphone, the Intex Uday in India. With a pocket-friendly price tag of Rs 7,999, the device comes in three color...
Goodness gracious! Now AI can suffer from dementia. Quote: “Catastrophic forgetting," is a major hurdle toward fully autonomous artificial intelligence. In a video interview, Anatoli Gorchechnikov, co-founder of Neurala, discusses...
Hi, I am trying to come up with a theoretical design of a nanomachine that can take materials in the area and use them to build simple structures.
I want to create 1000s of delay for my application in RO water system. which microcontroller should I used and can anyone suggest any algorithm for the same?
Disclaimer: I’m not necessarily agreeing with the author. Just passing along what came to me from elsewhere. I chose a career while in school in 1954. Am still at it...