Xiaomi Redmi 1S & Note, Priced Rs. 6999 & Rs. 9999, Arrive In India On August 26

Xiaomi, the company known as 'Apple of China' will introduce its entry level smartphones - Redmi 1S and Redmi Note in India on August 26. The company has sent out invites to the bloggers for the launch event in Delhi. The price of Redmi 1S in India will be Rs. 6999 and that of Redmi Note will be Rs. 9999. Xiaomi had promised to bring their entire series of popular phones to India after the successful launch of Mi3 - the batches of which are getting sold out within 2-3 seconds on Flipkart; the exclusive launch partner of Xiaomi in India.

Whether Xiaomi will begin the sale of phones on August 26 itself isn't clear yet. The company will showcase both the phones at the launch event and discuss various features these phones offer. We learn that Flipkart will continue to be Xiaomi's exclusive launch partner for both the phones. Let us give you an overview of key features and specs of both the phones -

Redmi 1S: The 1S is an interesting phone that offers dual SIM (GSM | WCDMA) support, 8GB internal flash storage, 4.7" IPS display and 1.6 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 CPU with Cortex-A7 core. The phone also has an 8 MP / 1.6 MP camera set, with the rear cam capable of capturing 1080p full HD videos and front cam capable of capturing 720p videos. Xiaomi offers a custom Android version with MIUI, a new user interface.

(Redmi 1S)
​
Redmi Note: The note is a 'phablet', with a big 5.5" HD IPS display. It has a 13 MP rear and 5 MP front facing camera capable of capturing HD videos. An MTK 8-core CPU makes things move nice and smooth on the user interface (again MIUI). The graphics is handled by Mali-450 GPU. The Redmi Note offers dual SIM (GSM | WCDMA) support and is powered by 3200 mAh battery.

(Redmi Note)
​
We do not know whether Xiaomi and Flipkart will follow the same strategy for the sale of Note and 1S phones as that of Mi3. Flipkart made it mandatory for the users to register in order to be able to buy the phone for every new batch that arrived. The strategy was criticised by a lot of buyers and we've a parallel Flipkart Mi3 Sale: Did They Have Only 5000 Units? on the topic. We'd love to know from our readers whether they are planning to buy either of the phones. Also let us know whether you think these two phones will evoke the same kind of response from customers as Mi3. We look forward to your thoughts.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Red revolution !
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Wow
    Its bleeding everywhere.
    Love this news.
  • Nikita Madhyan
    Nikita Madhyan
    cool handset....
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    Anyone have any clue about, When China OS is coming out.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    can any one tell me where exactly are these phones coming from?? and what people are coming these phones with apple seriously you got to be kiddin me!!!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe the Note model is a better deal out of the two. I'm a fan of big screen phones and Note seems to fit the bill.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    A few days ago, most Indian tech news websites gathered reports of malfunctioning Mi3s (from Facebook and Flipkart), if the problem is as grave as they claim it to be then people will be more cautious in using its new products, the products look quite appealing though.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Note version is best deal!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Absolutely stunning features for a phone below Rs. 10K. 😍 Beats Samsung Galaxy Note. It was introduced at a price of 40K! 😨
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    +1 for hardware
    -1 for design (see, I like curves, I hate flat designs)

Also, we already read in the news that Xiaomi sending user data to China servers. Plus, MIUI's most of the source is proprietary & only few stack is kept open, so that again adds (-2) to the equation.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend to anyone. These Chinese companies don't respect your privacy.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Redmi 1S : 1.6 Quadcore/Hd screen camera f2.2πŸ‘ in "7k" unbelievable.

Abhishek Rawal
    Overall, I wouldn't recommend to anyone. These Chinese companies don't respect your privacy.
    If durability is even 70% of Sammy mobiles. I would recommend it to Not-A-Fool guys who knows how to flash custom OS.
    Get it these phones in cheap price, flash and enjoyπŸ˜€.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    MOTO E, Micromax Unite must have started feeling heat of Ximoi Redmi 1S. With a price range of 6999 you cant get a better deal. Also, I do agree that though Xiomi has increased the screen size with Note still keeping the price under 10 K with decent specifications is commendable.

Anyone knows, if both the devices are supporting Gorilla Glass or similar toughening technology?
  • Shihabudheen K
    Shihabudheen K
    Xiaomi would become the "Apple of India" too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shihabudheen K
    Xiaomi would become the "Apple of India" too.
    Nope, it's not an Indian brand anyways. πŸ˜€
  • avii
    avii
    isn't this quite an old news?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    isn't this quite an old news?
    In terms of 'Internet Time' it is. Xiaomi sent the invites for the event a day or so ago; confirming the official launch.
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I believe the Note model is a better deal out of the two. I'm a fan of big screen phones and Note seems to fit the bill.
    Yes under 10K you get want you want from 25-35K , so πŸ‘...also design looks quite impressive...if got chance to hands on... will update the same..!
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Ankita Katdare
    Absolutely stunning features for a phone below Rs. 10K. 😍 Beats Samsung Galaxy Note. It was introduced at a price of 40K! 😨
    Beats Samsung Galaxy Note. It was introduced at a price of 40K! 😨.....πŸ‘πŸ˜³
  • mitkum
    mitkum
    Hello,
    Can you please double check if these Xiaomi phones will really support CDMA band? If it is WCDMA i.e. GSM 3G and not CDMA then it is really worrying that Indian techies are still not able to distinguish between WCDMA and CDMA even after so many years of existence of both the technologies.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mitkum
    Hello,
    Can you please double check if these Xiaomi phones will really support CDMA band? If it is WCDMA i.e. GSM 3G and not CDMA then it is really worrying that Indian techies are still not able to distinguish between WCDMA and CDMA even after so many years of existence of both the technologies.
    Thanks for the catch. It's WCDMA (Wideband CDMA). I referred to wrong source and did not verify. I've updated the article to reflect the correct terminology.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Sundanzer Refrigerator's Solar Direct-Drive Vaccine Refrigerator does not require batteries, which can be tedious to replace and add extra cost over the lifetime of the unit. Endquote https://viewer.zmags.com/publication/a5c796ea#/a5c796ea/63
Stylebot a small plugin to modify style of a web page. Any noob can handle this and if you are familiar with firebug and little web development this is cake...
Console OS is not an emulator like Bluestacks or Genymotion. It runs natively on Windows PC and supports Windows 8.1 secure boot which even Androidx86 team didn't achieved. You can...
sir i want develop a bot in which i want interface small lcd, keys , camera n infrared divice plz sugget me which divice i can use to interface this...
i got placement in TCS and now they are training me as a tester. and from the begning of my engineering life iam more interested in coding.and i want to...