Writing good quality threads

With the newly introduced refined user titles and ranks, I am sure all the beginners as well as oldies will want to get the higher ranks.
But shouldn't we be creating value in the CE-Space?

I mean, our posts should not be limited to something like:
"great question" or "great answer" or "awesome/superb" kind of exclamations.

Instead of writing that we like it or hate, we should write reasons justifying our opinion.

OR

We should start new threads about latest innovations, technologies, information about different topics from all branches of Engineering.

Shouldn't we be doing some value addition to the forum? πŸ˜•

Or there will be no use getting a title like a CE-Knight or CE-Sensei or CE-Lord!

Think about it CEans.

Share your thoughts on this.

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I second you on this though.

We should start new threads about latest innovations, technologies, information about different topics from all branches of Engineering.
    Along with this, its always great to trty exoploring the anwers for the technology questions asked by newbies, it will help them in getting answer. Also, it will help you in enhancing your knowledge base.

-CB
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    We should also try to be a bit more foolish, sensibly. We should be idiots and ask more questions about the questions and answers. But mind it, it should be relevant. You can go into the minutest of details of everything. And that is worth a 1000 posts.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @cb: Yes, that's exactly my point. It's good to write "that's good" or "nice job" like posts once in a while.

But, we should get more interesting posts here instead.
    I see almost no or very few new threads each day. And I feel disheartened.
    We should boost some activity here.

What say people?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @aj: I wish your point is noted down by everyone. Let's get things charged up here a bit. πŸ˜€
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    @AKD ....you are right theres no creativity/passion in most of threads created!

I think the problem is with newbies!

for eg: see where this is posted-> #-Link-Snipped-#

I think correct place is CE- Help center!

correct me if i am wrong!
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    @Whiz.kid
    If you, or in the matter anyone finds something like this, kindly let the moderators know about this. give them a visitors message, or pm them. Just let them know somehow.
    Kindly help to be helped. Following that policy will be very good. Also, those who post questions should be really more specific while they do. Also, we should make the questions look more professional. More people would feel like answering those posts.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    This is very important for getting returning visitors!

So we need to work in it!

I will be working on Java, Selenium and Control Systems threads this week πŸ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    the "thanks giving thread" was made for the very purpose of reducing "awesome!," ,"thanks so much"." "you are a legend" kinda responses in information filled threads, ack'ing one's appreciation or help is important , but when you don't have intention to continue the discussion, better not dilute the thread with one line posts, the impression anew person has after seeing such diluted threads is not so good.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Durga got my point. (tears rolling down my eyes) 😁

I hope all the new members get a chance to read this thread and know that we are trying to build some value here. πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    English-Scared
    This is very important for getting returning visitors!

So we need to work in it!

I will be working on Java, Selenium and Control Systems threads this week πŸ˜€
    I am very late , but the Control Systems will be ready today!

I have worked on it.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @ES: Superb man!

@everyone else: How about contributing some good quality posts? πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have managed to start more threads than replying on the existing ones. πŸ˜€ Both things are important but the overall activity of the forum depends on how many discussions you can initiate.
    Open appeal to all the Active CEans.. Start threads.. It will help CE grow. 😁
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hmm it is just a matter of time that we learn to write good posts. Good points from you ajit bhai. I have identified two types of people,
    See this,

Hello ppl.................I m mech engg...................

I want 2 do a project..............
    and other one is
    Nice one dude 😁
    I think we can just google and write a meaningful reply can' we? just writing any one of the above mentioned comments will not serve any example, will it?

Why is this forum for?This forum is meant for gaining knowledge. So if you comment good, it reflects that you have got a grasp of that topic. Moreover people can understand if you write a good post/ comment in a simple, lucid and in a short paragraph, if not a 4-5 line will do.

What say?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    the "thanks giving thread" was made for the very purpose of reducing "awesome!," ,"thanks so much"." "you are a legend" kinda responses in information filled threads, ack'ing one's appreciation or help is important , but when you don't have intention to continue the discussion, better not dilute the thread with one line posts, the impression anew person has after seeing such diluted threads is not so good.
    I think we can just google and write a meaningful reply can' we? just writing any one of the above mentioned comments will not serve any example, will it?

Why is this forum for?This forum is meant for gaining knowledge. So if you comment good, it reflects that you have got a grasp of that topic. Moreover people can understand if you write a good post/ comment in a simple, lucid and in a short paragraph, if not a 4-5 line will do.
    This is exactly what I am suggesting. At all regular members, please take a note of these points.
    If we follow these points, we will soon see more number of CEans online. And more number of CEans means a lot more activity on the forum. (It is something that we all want)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, I am a computer engg student, so I have very little knowledge about this field. Few days before my nokia headset wh-102 hs-125 mic stop working. Now button...
Speaking correct Japanese at a Restaurant is of utmost importance. (Because if do mistakes, we won't have any idea as to what lands in our plate :heheheπŸ˜€ So here are...
Hi Can somebody please help out with the purpose of gelcoat and/or is there another substitute for it?
hi, i am going to do my final year project as 'door operation of train from wheels'. so i am using a compressor to compress air while train is moving...
what are parameter on which window 7 has better performance than window vista?