Would You Pay A Journalist To Report The News You Want To Read?

[​IMG]I'm not asking if you would pay for press coverage as a business if it were possible, I'm asking you if you would ever do it as an individual, when you think there's something that's been underreported or even downright unreported to date and you want to see that situation changed. If you were looking for a story to be told that you consider to be missing from the news coverage already out there, would you be inclined to take out your wallet, and maybe even rally your friends, family and peers to do the same in order to be able to pay a reporter to do the fieldwork on your behalf? Because that's exactly what the foundation of #-Link-Snipped-#'s business model bestows. Here's how it works: you suggest a story to be investigated on the GFM website, and donate personally or together with others until you have the necessary funds to effectively have the company find and hire a journalist for you to - and I'm quoting from the website here - "go to briefings, press conferences, request interviews or door stop reluctant interviewees on your behalf." Examples given on the homepage include politicans and local authorities but also 'celebrities' and 'anybody else'. In my opinion, that sounds more like hiring a private detective, but maybe I'm missing something here.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    and how is it to be unbiased?!

I a way we already do, we purchase the paper or magazine or tv subscription which pays for the news it contains, thus with our purchase we vote for the news being reported as of interest to us.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all, Sorry for the long break. Been busy.. Well, this is the third part in the series. We'll see a bit about a line follower. I'll just give a...
Hi fellow engineers and tech-heads 😀 I recently got a remote for my digital camera due to the great number of repetitive shots I am taking with it, to be...
Hi... Friends.... My name is Megha.I m from Gulbarga-Karnataka-India. I m studying in 8th sem in Electronics & Intrumentation branch. I fell very happy to be a part of CE.
Hi,friends... I m not getting about subscription & unsubscription of threats.What are it's advantages & disadvantages.Can anybody tell me about this?
CEans, I received following email and would like to alert you about the phishing scam. DO NOT REPLY TO SUCH EMAILS! (See Below) ​ Such emails are sent to the...