World's largest Dump Truck @ 450 metric Tons load

This leviathan with eight numbers of 3 meter dia tyres may top Guinnes Records for dump trucks.

Meet the new World's Largest Dump Truck - Autoblog

Admin: Adding Video To The Post:

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its definitely a engineering marvel and a 13k pound torque makes me speechless.
    Doubt: Can ordinary roads withstand the trucks weight ? Do they deform ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is the distribution of the weight that counts. With eight huge tyres the area of load transfer will be large enough.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    A.V.Ramani
    It is the distribution of the weight that counts. With eight huge tyres the area of load transfer will be large enough.
    I am just curious to know whether ordinary tar road can withstand it.Will the steering effect be high or low (power required to steer large trucks because this kind of trucks have large contact surface between road and tyres )
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Every road has a safe bearing load. So long as the contact area ensures this, there should be no trouble. This dumper is designed for the mining Industry. The video shows it in a conventional yard.
    The video also shows the actual manouvering of the truck on the road.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote Five physics discoveries with the potential to transform the world have been selected by a leading science magazine for its 25th birthday issue. Quantum computing and science that could...
Those looking for patent applications from India or granted patent to Indian applications can look for them here - https://ipindiaservices.gov.in/patentsearch/search/index.aspx This website is under the control of Government of India's...
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FERRITE AND ALPHA IRON?
hey can anybody tell me how to post a new post ?
It's interesting to see how the online bus reservation services in India are mushrooming these days. Several Indian startup companies still think that there's room for yet another 'me too'...