windows vs linux vs mac question

plz somebody tell me
i will tell the situation and then i will tell my question....
let us take you are playing an movie in ur windows or linux u can't move that file to ur pendrive until u are playing that file.....but this case is not in mac....so clear my doubt what is the secret behind this?
in short
is it possible to move the file when we are using it?....
the answer is obvious it is not possible(it is in case of windows and linux)
but this is not in case of mac os x ...we can move it...why is it so?
this is my question....
.whether it is because of links between files is arranged using hardlinks,softlinks and alias ...i think so

Replies

• gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    In windows we can move audio files when they are being played may be because audio files are small and get quickly loaded into the memory buffer.
    In case of movies it is not so because movie files are huge in size and only parts of it are loaded into the memory buffer.

I guess in Mac the OS first copies the file into the pendrive and deletes the files as soon as the playback is over.
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007
    bro u have responded ...thanks for sharing...my doubt has not been cleared completely
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    computeridiot007
    bro u have responded ...thanks for sharing...my doubt has not been cleared completely
    Ask as many questions you want. We are there to help you.
  • computeridiot007
    computeridiot007
    anyone know this exactly...why is it so?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can someone acquaint me the scope of AVIONICS .I wish to do my MTECH in AVONICS.
can anyone help me for some new slogans related to mechanical engineering for my new college overcoat??please suggest me some.
I want to design a project that will read the kilowatts hour used. once the limit has been reached the circuit breaker should shedd the load. My problem is design...
please suggest some best books for learning 8051 assembly programming....
If you were wondering what Bill Gates is up to, you should start checking out the official website of 'the' Bill Gates! The Official Site of Bill Gates - The...