Windows Task Manager - Performance Explained

The Task Manager in Vista and XP provides detailed information about computer performance , specifically CPU usage, commit charge and memory information.

Video notes:
If the Total Commit Charge exceeds the Total Physical Memory, you probably need more RAM. When the Commit Charge is regularly higher than the Physical Memory available, it means that you have to regularly use a Page File, which may slow down your system down if its old. Buy more RAM in that case.

If the Peak Commit Charge is frequently at or near the Limit Commit Charge, you need to increase your memory. When this occurs, it means that your PC is frequently out of memory or close to being out of memory. Either add RAM or increase your Page File size.

Replies

• YOUNGGRASSHOPPER
    YOUNGGRASSHOPPER
    Hi Praveena211. Thanks for adding this informative video. It gave me some good insight.
  • sweetemo22jd
    sweetemo22jd
    Your video looks great. Our Windows computers are equipped to display the performance and processes that use the resources of the computer at any given time. By simply pressing ctrl + shift + esc on the keyboard, the #-Link-Snipped-# will be launched. It has separate tabs that allow users to view the Applications, Processes, Services, Performance, Networking, and Users on the computer.
  • martincrow
    martincrow
    Windows task manager is really having so much stress on my system that sometimes it fail to give any response when i call him for the recovery of any not responding program. It was really a good video though, Thanks for sharing this.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Nice video buddy!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I am looking for an RF transceiver with very low current consumption. I am currently working on an RF based Automatic Meter Reading Project (AMR). We are looking for...
Sir/madam, I'm a II year student of Mechanical Engineering In NIT-Warangal. Training is not compulsory in our college after II year, but i wish to utilize my time by spending...
[video=youtube;F76jr0tJemE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F76jr0tJemE&feature=related[/video]
Inspirational one! [video=youtube;M7n-fAVfF48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7n-fAVfF48[/video]
hey friends wipro is coming to my clg on 5th of january, any piece of advice plss....