Low Power Rf Module Required

Hello,

I am looking for an RF transceiver with very low current consumption. I am currently working on an RF based Automatic Meter Reading Project (AMR). We are looking for 433MHz Modules.

The modules that i have found so far have around 15-20mA Current consumption while transmitting. I am looking for a RF module with transmission current consumption less than 10mA. The required range is 100m.

My requirements are:
Frequency: 433MHz
I(transmitting) < 10mA
range>100m

I have no financial constraints in this regard. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    port500
    Hello,

I am looking for an RF transceiver with very low current consumption. I am currently working on an RF based Automatic Meter Reading Project (AMR). We are looking for 433MHz Modules.

The modules that i have found so far have around 15-20mA Current consumption while transmitting. I am looking for a RF module with transmission current consumption less than 10mA. The required range is 100m.

My requirements are:
    Frequency: 433MHz
    I(transmitting) < 10mA
    range>100m

I have no financial constraints in this regard. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You
    I had worked on some RF modules like from TI and HOPE RF and from that i come to know that HOPE RF is providing some good transceivers here is the link of that side you can contact to their agents for technical support.
    Here is the link for the same:- #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I hop this is useful to you in your project and looking forward to see you active on CE too. 😀
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Less than 10mA for Tx current @ 100m range? Thats certainly tough to find 😛 Are you sure you can't compensate by reducing power from other components of the system?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash
    Less than 10mA for Tx current @ 100m range? Thats certainly tough to find 😛 Are you sure you can't compensate by reducing power from other components of the system?
    Yes you are right Ash.

I tried a lot for the same. The best I found is RFM23B.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @godfather & ash- How does transmitting current manifest itself in the transmitter?Is it something related to the antenna impedance.Plz help. Not able to make sense of the above conversation.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shreyasm89
    @godfather & ash- How does transmitting current manifest itself in the transmitter?Is it something related to the antenna impedance.Plz help. Not able to make sense of the above conversation.
    It is depend upon the Transmission power. and according to that they calculate current that module sinks during transmission.
    Have a look at this chart where you find the different current at different transmitting power. #-Link-Snipped-#
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @godfather-Thank you.Is it possible for me to directly measure this current value?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shreyasm89
    @godfather-Thank you.Is it possible for me to directly measure this current value?
    You can find typical transmitting current from the specification of the module but i think we can measure it too. According to my knowledge I think first you have to measure the current of the system when there is no transmission and receiving. and after that measure the current when you are transmitting some data. and the difference between this may give you the Current consumption when you are transmitting some data.

Correct me if i am wrong.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    I don't think it is that easy. Because when the antenna is not transmitting the o/p transistor driving the antenna is in cut-off. At that time the o/p current of the transistor is in the opposite direction so the antenna will still transmit some radiation. So then where should we measure the current?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    shreyasm89
    I don't think it is that easy. Because when the antenna is not transmitting the o/p transistor driving the antenna is in cut-off. At that time the o/p current of the transistor is in the opposite direction so the antenna will still transmit some radiation. So then where should we measure the current?
    Yes. You have a point there. then we just have to follow the current given in the specification in datasheet. I will try to contact the manufacturer of HOPE RF i hop that i will get some knowledge from him.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir/madam, I'm a II year student of Mechanical Engineering In NIT-Warangal. Training is not compulsory in our college after II year, but i wish to utilize my time by spending...
[video=youtube;F76jr0tJemE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F76jr0tJemE&feature=related[/video]
Inspirational one! [video=youtube;M7n-fAVfF48]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7n-fAVfF48[/video]
hey friends wipro is coming to my clg on 5th of january, any piece of advice plss....
Once, a dog lost his way deep into the jungle. He almost fainted to see a lion coming straight to him at a very near distant "I will be dead...