Will Physical Books be gone in 5 years?

As we know that since the e-book readers and tablet computers become more common, there is a high possibility that physical books could disappear sooner than expected.

Some experts have gone as far to say that the physical book's days are numbered.

Have a look at this video and share your opinion.

[video=youtube;7dfuTJQNoxY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dfuTJQNoxY[/video]

Physical Books or E-books?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm still game for Physical books and personally think they should never cease to exist. I think we should print all the books on paper made of plastic ๐Ÿ˜€ . That way the books will last forever and the plastic will be put to a good use. What say you people?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Yes. Definitely.

Reading a physical book in paper is a hugely different experience from reading the same book in an electronic device.

So, for this very same reason, I think physical books should not disappear, and I believe they wont any time soon.

Personally, I would prefer an e-book reader only when I'm traveling or otherwise due to some reason like unavailability, couldn't get the book I wanted.

In all other cases, I would prefer to get the physical book and read. It has a distinct charm which an LCD screen can't seem to provide.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I hope they will go!

But I prefer reading physical books since i had a habit of since my childhood!

If Children now get habituated to read everything from computer then they will get used to it!
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    even i go with the physical books. they are a lot more comfortable and is better than e-books. the e-books are bad for eyes. the next generation would then have specs as a necessary. ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    CIVILPRINCESS
    even i go with the physical books. they are a lot more comfortable and is better than e-books. the e-books are bad for eyes. the next generation would then have specs as a necessary. ๐Ÿ˜’
    I dont think so, you have seen the improvement of Monitor! so going forward I believe there will be monitors which dont hurt eyes at all ๐Ÿ˜
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I still hate readin e books , scrolling pages still hurts and esp when the book is 400pages + .
    A Physical note book gives the continuity of flow of reading. I dont get same feeling with e books, but who knows, the next gen might just be adept with Ebooks and never want to carry a 500gms book where ever they go ๐Ÿ˜
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    @ES: ok i agree to that point of yours๐Ÿ˜€
    but still i would hate using a e-book. it still can't match the comfort a normal book provides ๐Ÿ˜
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    Ebook can't replace the Physical books they will remain ..as for children may be in the future there is no requirement for the school bag and will go to school free hands.As reading and clarity point of view,physical books have their own charm.
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Physical books are totally comfortable especially when it is a story book. I realized it only when I read "the three mistakes of my life" in my mobile. though I finished it in 2 days time, my neck started aching due to strain.And yes when it has more number of pages it is really irritating to scroll down.
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    I think physical books have their own place. It feels great comfort while reading those instead of staring at the computer screen and scrolling down the pages of ebooks.
  • BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    @Megabyte- I am agree with you.
    One more point i would like to add is that while we read a physical book, we read it with full concentration. But in case of e-books mostly there are many web pages are opened in our browser(in case of online reading) or we are performing other tasks concurrently on our PC. It lacks the continuity in reading. so, that is why, i prefer to physical books(because i think reading should be with full concentration).
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    physical books should be put out when it comes to primary, secondary or higher education. Its time people learn to become tech savvy. I do not see the point in writing numerous sheets of assignments/homework every year by students ,most of which go into waste. Ok, its true that a lot of this paper waste is recycled but then why even spend energy on recycling them? better use electronic means that are becoming convenient by the day. They teach us environmental studies in schools and colleges, then why dont they stop giving us assignments to write which are just a waste of time, money and energy. If you got to save trees, use electronic means for school/college work, use those plastic mechanical pencils instead of wooden ones.
    But these physical books should remain for those who want them. As many have said above, it it much more pleasing to turn pages and read a novel than simple keep scrolling and stare at the dumb monitor screen(not everyone has an iPad or a kindle and mobile phones are too small a device to read conveniently)!
  • scottaleger
    scottaleger
    It may be possible . because of digital books or e-books has came. and kindle also a popular device for e-book reading
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Yeah... I agree that Physical Books will be gone by 5 years as the video says... ๐Ÿ˜€ Hope these younger generation won't carry huge loads with them. Just one laptop... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

On November 15th, Microsoft will launch Games for Windows Marketplace. It is an online store that will let users buy digital copies of games directly from the browser. Besides online...
The technology use is growing at an insane rate. But IT budgets are flat. Businesses now look for instant, pay-per-use, on-demand models. The cloud will impact IT service providers in...
Chris Barnes takes on EARL - the Enhanced Automated Robotic Launcher - the new bowling robot at the International Training and Research Center in Arlington. This robot bowler, cheekily named...
Hello friends, Can anyone tell me whether there is MAC address inside Datagram or not ? If there is no mac, then how do we identify the desired system(receiver) in...
Guys, I did not get the concept that IP datagrams that are used over internet to transfer messages is connectionless service and HTTP use TCP(connection oriented) service. My confusion is...