Microsoft: Launch of Browser Based Game Store

On November 15th, Microsoft will launch Games for Windows Marketplace.

It is an online store that will let users buy digital copies of games directly from the browser.

Besides online access from any computer, key features of the store are "ultra-fast" downloads, search by titles or by genres, clean navigation as well as deals and discounts, including "Deal of the Week" and other recurring and seasonal offers.

Users will be able to purchase games with their Microsoft Points or a credit card.

At launch, there will be about 100 games available at the store, including

Grand Theft Auto III, Dead Rising 2, Lost Planet 2,

Max Payne, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition,

Flight Simulator, Gears of War, Halo, Zoo Tycoon,

Fable III, Age of Empires Online and Microsoft Flight.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The technology use is growing at an insane rate. But IT budgets are flat. Businesses now look for instant, pay-per-use, on-demand models. The cloud will impact IT service providers in...
Chris Barnes takes on EARL - the Enhanced Automated Robotic Launcher - the new bowling robot at the International Training and Research Center in Arlington. This robot bowler, cheekily named...
Hello friends, Can anyone tell me whether there is MAC address inside Datagram or not ? If there is no mac, then how do we identify the desired system(receiver) in...
Guys, I did not get the concept that IP datagrams that are used over internet to transfer messages is connectionless service and HTTP use TCP(connection oriented) service. My confusion is...
I vividly remember the day when I went to that bookstore. "Crossword" was newly opened in my city. I, along with my 3 friends went there. And boy, we were...