Will Government of India Ban Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter and Other Social Media Sites?

I recently read the news that the Government of India is talking to the telecom network providers on ways to block popular social media like Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter etc. in the interest of national security and preventing spread of fake news. 

While there won't be a blanket ban on all the websites - the Government wants to figure out ways to selectively block some of the apps. 

The Supreme Court of India is against any such blocking. Now, the government has to decide what it wants to do. 

I thought maybe it'd be worth discussing what are the ways to prevent 'bad' use of social media so that it cannot be used to compromise national security. 

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

while  try to host my site i faced this issue,can anyone tell me what be the reason
A few years back I could clearly see the blue outline of the Nandi Hills (55 kms away) when I just looked to my left through the 11th floor window...
Is there is any way to control carbon monoxide instead of using charcoal. Im doing this as project - To overcome carbon monoxide and nitric oxide 
I want to major in Database but i'll like to know the necessary areas i have to learn in other to fulfill this dream.
Any ideas on a Database Project for an IT student?