Will gadgets eventually shed physical buttons and go fully touch-screeny?

Curious to know whether CEans prefer 100% touchscreen aka 'touchscreen only' gadgets or the gadgets that have a few physical buttons. I personally prefer mechanical buttons that you can actually press than the on-screen buttons that need just a touch.

Do you think all the gadgets will eventually get rid of physical buttons?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I have to ask a small doubt here.Is there any chance of building a phone without a power button?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's an interesting question. Leaving it open to discussion for all our electronics enthusiasts.
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    I love the noise of mechanical buttons.so i would hardly prefer touchscreen only gadgets...
    Any way those typing noise of buttons sometimes report that i have good typing speed now...😛
  • Ativerc
    Ativerc
    I think mechanical buttons are necessary because they provide tactile feedback which confirms that a button has been pressed/data has been sent(to the PC/device). But the feedback mechanism of a touchscreen depends on the device's computing/processing power and how many processes it has in the background. If this feedback is too slow the user usually loses patience. And in critical situations mechanical buttons will always be preferred over touchscreens.

As for me. Mechanical buttons and touchscreens are useful. Both have their pros and cons.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    How about only Gestures and Voice ☕
    With Google now you can call people, open app set alarm and almost everything on phone.
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    I have to ask a small doubt here.Is there any chance of building a phone without a power button?
    My monitor does this, Touch button power😉
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Anoop Kumar
    How about only Gestures and Voice ☕
    With Google now you can call people, open app set alarm and almost everything on phone.

My monitor does this, Touch button power😉
    Please post a photo of it.I am talking about cell phone or a tab .
    A video would be appreciated .Sorry if it is difficult .I would love to see the working
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I am just #-Link-Snipped-#, Power button can be from touch panel.
    If you know about MotoX, it can wake up can take command just by voice only.
    It's not out of reach to have devices without physical button.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: A tiny magnet embedded in a tongue through piercing, implantation or adhesion has been shown by a Georgia Institute of Technology team of researchers to be capable of acting...
When i tried to open yahoomail it shows the following message " Unable to process request at this time (Error 999). This error is usually temporary. Please try again later....
Samsung Electronics have added a new member to the Galaxy family with the launch of Galaxy Core Advance. Samsung have stuck with their theory of “bigger is better” and given...
Before making an appearance on the company’s website, the Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114 has made it way to e-commerce websites like Flipkart and eBay. The latest member of the Canvas...
Curious to know what are the different types of materials used in 3D printing. I think the 3D printers have a special material that the nozzles can spray on the...