CrazyEngineers
  • Curious to know what are the different types of materials used in 3D printing. I think the 3D printers have a special material that the nozzles can spray on the workbench that solidifies after some time. But then there are people who've printed flying toy planes to electric circuits as well. Is there just one material that rules the 3D printing or a whole range of it?
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberDec 19, 2013

Now even recipes can be 3D printed.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorDec 19, 2013

A.V.Ramani
    Now even recipes can be 3D printed.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I'm not sure what am I missing. But how does this 3D printing thing work? Can you print almost anything with a 3D printer?
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberDec 19, 2013

In another thread it was mentioned that 2 billion jobs may be lost to robotics and 3D printing by 2030, which is not far off. Machines already in service can print using (almost) regular plastic pellets. German systems are already in use for printing medical devices in special metals/alloys. Complete machines can be made by additive printing.

The system from Stratasys that I use now can print working gear and cam assemblies. Expensive and slow as of now.
    Cancel
  • Raj A

MemberDec 19, 2013

You may like to see following links..
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    <a href="https://www.eos.info/en" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">Additive Manufacturing & 3D Printing Solutions | EOS</a>

It's about 3D printing.
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberJan 2, 2014

An interesting update:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • KSS Manian

MemberJan 5, 2014

Kaustubh Katdare
    Curious to know what are the different types of materials used in 3D printing. I think the 3D printers have a special material that the nozzles can spray on the workbench that solidifies after some time. But then there are people who've printed flying toy planes to electric circuits as well. Is there just one material that rules the 3D printing or a whole range of it?
    I dont have idea about the material exactly used. But i can share my idea.
    May be POP can be used to create any 3d structure.
    Similar, In old days Stone+Hammer+Chisel. Updations are Computer+POP+Laser
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberJan 9, 2014

An update:
    CES 2014: 3D food printers create sweets and chocolates
    <a href="https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-25647918" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">CES 2014: 3D food printers create sweets and chocolates - BBC News</a>

The Ten Principles of 3-D Printing
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 9, 2014

I just think we're advancing towards a future that'll make teleportation possible; using human 3D printers. Don't know whether we should be worried.
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberJan 10, 2014

These are straws in the wind. I think that the earlier thread on 2 billion blue collars being lost to robotics and 3D printing by 2030 does not seem improbable now.
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberJan 31, 2014

Another advance:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
  • Ramani Aswath

MemberMar 21, 2014

HP, the well known Laser Jet printer maker (among other more important things) is jumping into 3D printing that appears radically different:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register