Why should we use planted RTD in process industry to the flow?

The_Big_K
Ha ha ๐Ÿ˜ ! Please pull in few of your friends and start discussing instrumentation related topics. That'll motivate others to join in. We look forward to starting a separate section for Instrumentation engineering.
sir ,
topic i have
why should we planted RTD in process industry to the flow? we have studied plantation must be in agianst the flow...

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The question is incomprehensible as stated. Can you please explain a bit more? What do you mean by 'planted RTD' and 'plantation against the flow'?
  • anay
    anay
    sir , my question is during the training i saw the RTD is fitting in the pipe to the flow ...but some study material says it should be against the flow...so i confuse what way prefer for fitting RTD "to the flow" or "against the flow".?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    RTD is a resistance temperature detector. It is a probe. It is usually placed in a flowing fluid to monitor its temperature. Since it is a single probe, co-current or counter-current has no meaning, which is the reason why I asked my question.
    All I can say is that it is usually placed in the flow.
  • anay
    anay
    thank you sir...
  • akshetty
    akshetty
    bioramani sir is rite. it is use to measure the temperature of the flow. u can mount at any angel but water u have to mount rtd in inclined angel.
  • anay
    anay
    hello Mr. akshetty
    for rtd mount perticular angle is 30 degree fix for all. u can't take any of angle for mount.
  • akshetty
    akshetty
    hello mr.anay to measure the temperature of gas line u can mount rtd at angle of 30 degree to 45 degree.
  • anay
    anay
    mr. akshetty u are not specified about which fluid,liquid or gas.
    that's why i told about 30 degree for process industry in general.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Mounting at an angle reduces flow interference and gives a smaller external profile.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Robert025
    I realize this is a very limited growing time, but I am asking because I'm interested in incorporating it into a college freshman orientation program in our garden. Other options can be plants that may be planted in early or later and harvested around early September.
    Can you provide a translation in simple English about what this has to do with the thread.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Pradeep Kumar M Aeronautical Student(Final Year Aeronautical Engineering) Hobbies and interest: Reading and sketching. I want to design and develop a completely new concept aircraft. I joined crazy engineers to...
Mozilla Junior Is Browser For iPad Opton T-WIN20 KDM Robotic Bender Feed In, Twist & Bend Pipes 2x Faster Jail Break Helps You Bridge Gap Between iOS 5 And iOS...
HTC has finally agreed that HTC ONE X has Wi-Fi related issues and promised that the future models won't have the issue. But there is no clear information about the...
please provide me a little knowledge about basics of electrical
Quantum mechanics thought to be the toughest subject in universe but i have thought of a paradox in its very core and want to know what do you think about...