Why do you want to do MBA?

We've had many questions about selection between MBA/MS, MBA/M.Tech etc. This is an open question to all those who are trying for higher studies in management. Why do you want to go for higher studies in management?

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i want to do an MBA because i think i'm more of a person who likes to run things on my ownπŸ˜€it's not that i think doing an MBA means you can run your own show or it is necessary for every entrepreneur do an MBA... it's just i like to do the managing and organizing stuff a lot. and it's an MBA which i think that will suit me more than an MBA.and i have no attraction towards the M.Tech or M.S.... i don't wish to do some course towards which i have intrest.... it's just this MBA has interested me...and i want to learn the project management softwares like primevera and MSP and do a MBA in project management... hope my hardwork pays of and land up doing what i like 😁
  • millionaire
    millionaire
    i am in b.e. 5th sem now. i want to go for mba bcoz i dont want to study deeper in the technical field. also mba can fetch me more money and better job than just b.e.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    millionaire
    i am in b.e. 5th sem now. i want to go for mba bcoz i dont want to study deeper in the technical field. also mba can fetch me more money and better job than just b.e.
    Well, how do you think MBA tag will bring you more money and better job than just B.E? I personally know several BEs who earn many times more than MBAs.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Two Frank Reasons from me:
    1. To take decisions on my own and manage something big! Get responsibilities. 😁
    2. Obviously, to earn more money! Make Sense? 😎
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    To take decisions on my own and manage something big! Get responsibilities.
    You don't need MBA to take decisions on your own.
    The_Big_K
    You don't need MBA to take decisions on your own.
    Decisions in the sense, the administration department in corporates!!! At least they select the candidates only with an MBA! πŸ˜” So, lets get an MBA, go to the top, and break, oops sorry, change the rules! πŸ˜€ What say?
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    I dont know why the corporates choose managers through degree. Infact, a person without a degree might also be good in the field. Several business magnates are themselves dropouts, but why do they look for a person with degree for their company.
    Mr. Ecc, I know about you because you are my friend and we have been together... But how come a company, who sees 100s of students or employees per month know about them? 😐 Only the degree speaks... πŸ˜€
  • ABCD ABCD
    ABCD ABCD
    @praveenscience True, i accept what you say. But, the way companies recruit students should slightly be changed. It's my personal experience that 'we learn nothing good in colleges'.
    mreccentric
    @praveenscience True, i accept what you say. But, the way companies recruit students should slightly be changed. It's my personal experience that 'we learn nothing good in colleges'.
    Not only the way of recruitment, but also the syllabus. All the stuffs are outdated. And in no way related to the industry. How can you blame on the industry in selecting among these no-related people? 😲 Got my point?
  • ismpatna
    ismpatna
    It is very hard to say. the simple question is that for better carrier.
  • Ricky008
    Ricky008
    [SIZE=+1]I want to do an MBA because I want to learn to manage
    business efficiently. To manage a business there is
    requirement of skills which one can get through a very long
    period of time.But the same skills one can learn in an MBA
    college. The professor who teaching in MBA college learns
    from there past experience which are very useful. Instead
    of getting the initial skills from practical experience
    which would take enough time, it would be better you get
    those skills from an MBA.[/SIZE]

Change is inevitable... except from vending machines
  • vinci
    vinci
    earn money all depends on skills .the more you have ,the more you earn.I want to do MBA just to learn higher level management first and then apply it somewhere in my surrounding ,my country for its welfare at all.I know i alone may not do all the thing but I can initiate something for good and long running
  • honeyclarck
    honeyclarck
    If i do MBA then the reason behind it that to manage the business well and take part in business progress.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Well, how do you think MBA tag will bring you more money and better job than just B.E? I personally know several BEs who earn many times more than MBAs.
    When you are running in to your thing, you require knowledge. Do M.Tech in field of your own choice. You don't need to learn how to manage your business. You can always hire an MBA degree holder!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    When you are running in to your thing, you require knowledge. Do M.Tech in field of your own choice. You don't need to learn how to manage your business. You can always hire an MBA degree holder!
    Just hire the M.Tech 😨
    The_Big_K
    Just hire the M.Tech 😨
    M Tech not equivalent of MBA!!! 😐
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Just hire the M.Tech 😨
    The world is round. So anyone can hire anyone. But for start-ups, the owner knowing technical things (if you are dealing in engineering) is important. Even if you are a venture capitalist, you should know about finance. So knowledge is must. Don't want to argue on this oneβ˜•

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

To all those who are looking for latest openings in Infosys, simply head over to https://careers.infosys.com/Careerplus/aspx/homepage.aspx and perform a search.
I've met many working professionals who are preparing for higher studies either in management or technology. This thread is for all the working professionals to discuss their selection of choice...
Please post links to GMAT study material here. Make sure that the links you specify do not provide material illegal to download (copyrighted stuff). Let's build a collection of important...
CEans, I wish to know whether anyone here has had a chance to test the Volkswagen POLO. It would be nice to have reviews! I am keen to know the...
Complete IIT JEE Syllabus 1. Mathematics 2. Physics 3. Chemistry 4. Aptitude Test in B.Arch. and B.Des. Mathematics syllabus consists of: Algebra Trigonometry Analytical geometry Differential calculus Integral calculus Vectors...