Why Do You Ask For Ready Made Projects & Reports?

I wonder why lot of engineering students ask for ready-made projects, project reports, PPTs, cricuits? We get many messages every day that are on the same lines like "I've to submit the project in next 3 days so I need everything, ready-made urgently".

If the deadline is so close, what were you doing for so many days? Also, asking for ready made stuff - do you think is right?

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    I think that's not right. I also notice that biggie.... Projects are given by the teacher a week or more before submission so that they can have more time to do and think of it. Instead of making their projects they gave their time in surfing the net like Facebook or twitter, socialize with friends, etc. Another is they always tell themselves that they will going to do it the next day since they still have a lot of time to do it and most important CE is always there to help them.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Most of the times, it's pure laziness. Lot of people I see have entered engineering just because they somehow wanted a job. We try out best to help everyone who seeks genuine help but lot of people are only interested in free stuff.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hahaha i oppose you both there are some times we have to do works urgently see i had a example
    in my college every year there goes a event called vignan mahosav it goes for 3 days but officially they declare before a week before for presenting a project in such a event in small time is kinda difficult so we need some help and support as a student and as iam so close to faculty and also a volunteer i can know about them before a month but what about others ????????
    and i too dont support people who are asking for sem projects its wrong for sem because we all know about it before
  • medeepak
    medeepak
    @Above

If you find it difficult you can talk to your college management about the issue and probably they can change. Also we have a whole year to think about ideas, so when we get one we can simply send them as and when a competition comes(that is assuming the competition is generic).
  • Viraj Voditel
    Viraj Voditel
    If people know there's a competition held every year, then those interested should obviously interrogate the authorities on the dates of the fest and increase the enthusiasm associated with it by participating in it not only by submitting projects etc but lending a hand in the organising of the events. If more people get involved in it, slowly it will become a larger fest and more popular too and authorities will announce the dates beforehand, seeing that so many students are interested.
  • Viraj Voditel
    Viraj Voditel
    This is an absolutely valid point put in by the administrator. There really is no need for the so-called 'ready-made' projects.
    After all, someone, somewhere in the world is preparing them. It is his/her work and he/she has put efforts in it. So it is not your project unless you have put up some thought process and efforts into a project.
    It is the habit of most Indians that they go in for free products, albeit they be necessary or not. Take an example. Suppose my SMS costs 50p and I hear of a scheme - Get 15000 SMSs free at the payment of Rs.50 for a month. Definitely one aplomb offer. A similar offer does exist in many of the popular carriers these days. Suppose I take that offer. By the end of next month, I manage to message say 80 people. So, if I wouldn't have taken this offer, it would have cost me Rs.40. But due to the 15000 tag, we get swept away. We feel, we are fools to let go of such a bright opportunity, which is infact an offer to fool you. Some of you may infact redeem the offer to a higher extent than I did, but in the end, that's not what my point is. I do hope you have got my point and think twice before going in on any stupid offers.
    Plagiarism of projects is a similar thing. Unless we have done it on our own, the feeling of having a finalised project in our hand is a different one altogether, trust me. It's not about the end product but the process that goes on in making it. Perhaps, making a project is one of the happiest days in the life of an engineering student. If you flunk those, it is you who is in the loss in the end.
    Besides, you get to learn new things, learn to present things, meet new people, discuss, socialize, build something hands-on, and of course, brag about the project to your friends and even enjoy a winning feeling if it gets successful.
    I would end the post by asking you to participate in a project and try to do it yourself, albeit with the help of the internet and copy from some places to some extent but do it on your own. And enjoy ;-)
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @viraj: not possible even our faculty also dont know before 1 month if they know immediately we are informed because only students co-ordinate it and make it success
  • medeepak
    medeepak
    @Viraj

Great post
    one thing that can be done is that we have a separate for ideas which will be updated with ideas as and when it comes to us or as and when we feel there is a problem which needs to be rectified
    Then i think someone viewing it might like an idea in it or get inspired and do some good project
    I had created a thread for the same reason titled "Project Ideas"
    also there was this stand taken by moderator Mr.Big K that the TS has to tell the ideas he/she has thought and only then further help may be provided in one thread. I hope that becomes a norm henceforth

regards
    deepak

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I draw a boost converter in MATLAB.........while i simulate it,I did not get answer............ I gave supply as 0.7V.............And also I dont know how to fix a range for inductance,capacitance..............help...
Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it... What does this quote mean???
[FONT="]Cascade Control Loops[/FONT] -The general concept of cascade control is to place one feedback loop inside another. In effect, one takes the process being controlled and finds some intermediate variable...
Hai Cean's I am Doing my final year project on Digital Blood Pressure meter. for that i have used the AD620 as the instrumentation amplifier. I give the +vs=+12v, -vs=-12v,...
A Screw & Bolt is an integral part of every engineer’s toolkit. Every hobby engineer needs them as well. Here’s a simpler chart that gives you a quick view of...