Why did you become an engineer?

Nachko
@nachko-rBBzDO โ€ข Oct 15, 2024

Hi, mates! It occured to me today to watch the famous "The knack" episode on youtube () and suddenly I realized that actually this is what has happened to me too. I mean, when I was a kid, most of all I liked to play with "Lego" and "Meccano", I really LOVED it! ๐Ÿ˜€ So even though later I had some other major intererests, such as literature and music, when I was 14, I already knew what profession I wanted. I wanted to be a civil engineer ๐Ÿ˜€
And how about you, mates? ๐Ÿ˜€

P.S. It is important to mention that I am the first civil engineer in the family. For example my parents are doctors and they have never been able to divide 21 by 5 without a calculator ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Replies

Welcome, guest

Join CrazyEngineers to reply, ask questions, and participate in conversations.

CrazyEngineers powered by Jatra Community Platform

  • Ankita Katdare

    @abrakadabra • May 29, 2012

    #-Link-Snipped-# interesting thread. Will be watching this. Moved it to Chillax section.

  • Kaustubh Katdare

    @thebigk • May 29, 2012

    My love for all things RC made me disassemble all my toys and find out what's inside. Yeah, I did play with Lego and (planning to buy NXT kit ๐Ÿ˜€ always wanted to be an engineer so that I could figure out how everything worked.

    PS: I still have problems doing mental calculations ๐Ÿ˜•

  • Mr.Don

    @mrdon-92OwlG • Jun 3, 2012

    Thanks for sharing the video. This is my first watch of Dilbert Cartoon. It's Good! By the way I also used to dissemble and mess things especially Computer hardware components(since my father is PC assembler) but I never thought that I would become an Electrical Engineer. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

  • Harshad Italiya

    @harshad-ukH5ww • Jun 3, 2012

    When I was young my father used to make circuit breaker and other electric devices and at that time cricket was all over in my mind but when I got result of 12th. After decided to go with electronics engineering so get the admission in Diploma and later completed B.E too.


    I'm first engineer in my family. ๐Ÿ˜€

    PS: copy it from Biggie's reply.

  • CE Designer

    @ce-designer-BWq0yl • Jun 4, 2012

    I have always had, and still have a passion for understanding how all things work in great detail. I guess I was born with that spark. My thirst for knowledge is what brought me here to CE. I wanted to be an archeologist or musician but my passion for them were not so strong for me to pursue though.

  • zaveri

    @zaveri-5TD6Sk • Jun 4, 2012

    i fell in love with it since the time i was a toddler. i grew up playing with the "all-metal-construction-kits", made under the brand name of "mechanix".

    the memories of those days are still helping me to understand what is happening in the real world of engineering, today.

    i had thought of becoming a detective, but the passion for engineering was stronger.

  • aarthivg

    @aarthivg-HH344f • Jun 10, 2012

    When I joined engineering I don't have any idea. To be true, I was interested in doing B.A history then engineering. I got passionate towards engineering only in my second semester " circuit theory ". I had a great lab hours with all big equipments. From there it started.

    And of course, My dad to belongs to electrical engineering field. He was a great inspiration. During my childhood, I use to be this assistant ๐Ÿ˜‰ , taking and giving him screw driver, cutting instrument etc...

  • Ramani Aswath

    @ramani-VR4O43 • Jun 12, 2012

    Why would anyone want to be anything else?

  • Dancer_Engineer

    @dancer-engineer-EJ8rGI • Jun 12, 2012

    bioramaniWhy would anyone want to be anything else?

    Sir, do you mean to belittle other professions? ๐Ÿ˜€

  • Ramani Aswath

    @ramani-VR4O43 • Jun 12, 2012

    Not at all! I actually wanted to do physics. Found that engineering had quite a bit of physics.
    When you go to a buffet with a grand spread do you not make a bee line for something that you care for more?
    There is a Sanskrit saying 'Logo binna ruchi'. Tastes differ. The thing about engineering is that it can cater to virtually all tastes.
    Our ancestors, who made the first sling shot, the first bow, the first spark by striking two stones and the first wheel were engineers.
    Viva la (crazy) engineering!