Who pays to GOOGLE?

Google, the search engine. A 100 billion dollar giant
But I always wonder who pays to GOOGLE. How does it make the money?

I mean there are no banners on it.

Well, maybe some links to products but how do they pay their bills?

Their stocks are worth so much ever since they went public on the market. It is probably th largest worth company in the current stock market at the US stock exchange.

Sure they sell Google Earth pro and maybe this and that but what makes it worth so much?

Do companies pay google to put their names first on search lists?

Is it based on hit counts or on who donates the most to the company?

Can anyone clear my doubts?

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    In short I want to ask how does Google earns?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright, here's how Google makes money -

Google is a search engine. People use it to get information about websites that have information they are looking for. Google presents advertisement links along with the search results. Let's take an example. Say, you are searching for LCD TV. Naturally, there's a possibility that you are willing to buy an LCD TV.

Let's search for LCD TV on GOOGLE -> Google

Along with the search results, observe the following -

1. The top two links are 'Paid advertisements'.
    2. The relevant links (advertisements) appear on the right side of the search page.

Any person search for LCD TV is likely to click on those ads. Google charges money to advertisers to post those ads. When someone clicks on those ads, Google makes money.

Since Google is SO BIG, it makes millions of dollars through advertisements. There are also two programs, Google adwords and Adsense that drive Google's business. Google adwords lets advertisers create campaigns and Google Adsense lets publishers put those links on their websites.

Google, makes its millions through commissions 😀

That's why Google is called online advertising giant. I hope this answers your questions. 😀
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Yes, ads, and small profits from Google Earth Plus & Google Mail subscriptions but at last they're a fraction next to the Ads.

I hate it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    MaRo
    Yes, ads, and small profits from Google Earth Plus & Google Mail subscriptions but at last they're a fraction next to the Ads.

I hate it.
    Oh? I thought you were Google's main contributor for funds.. 😛
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's right, MaRo. Google is 99% about advertisements. They have their corporate search boxes (I guess called Google mini).

We've already interviewed the mastermind behind 'Adsense', Mr. Paul Buchheit. Read his interview here -> #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    hey thanks Biggie for solving my doubt

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​ Say it ain't so! Despite AMD's past of announcing more delays than actual shipping products, the outfit has managed to deliver its six-core 'Istanbul' Opteron CPU five months ahead...
Can I ask the esteemed engineers on this site to offer me some suggestions for improving Get a lawyer - Flash intro
Since I got home from China last week, I've found myself in a lot of conversations where phrases like "the next Silicon Valley" or "just like Silicon Valley used to...
hello I want to OR three 555 outputs for example, I have a LED that should be on when ANY of the 555 outputs (pin 3) is on do I...
Can any one tell whitch technology is being used by google to search the data?Such a huge database they have still they show the result so quickly.How?