ORing 555 outputs?

hello
I want to OR three 555 outputs
for example, I have a LED that should be on when ANY of the 555 outputs (pin 3) is on

do I need to use a logic OR or would it be ok to just connect the 3 outputs together?
maybe with a diode to protect the pin 3?

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    If you are using a single LED then you can use an OR gate or a multiplexer,and if you are using individual leds then there is no need of that as you simply connect the LEDS to the IC 555,through a resistor and a diode if needed
  • Lem0nHead
    Lem0nHead
    sauravgoswami
    If you are using a single LED then you can use an OR gate or a multiplexer,and if you are using individual leds then there is no need of that as you simply connect the LEDS to the IC 555,through a resistor and a diode if needed
    it's a single LED
    I tried connecting the 3 outputs together with a diode (to protect pin 3) and it worked
    is it a nasty solution that may overheat, or something like that?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well then use a three input OR gate it will be simple and better option,make sure to supply to LED through a resistor!!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yeah, a cheap CMOS 4071 chip will do. Just chain two of the gates together 😀
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    yes u can OR the outputs and then connect the output to a led to indicate on/off condition

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any one tell whitch technology is being used by google to search the data?Such a huge database they have still they show the result so quickly.How?
Posting the request on behalf of Mr. Chandrashekhar.H of Miltech Industries CEans, We are the manufacturer of plastic injection moulded components and suppliying the same to major auto and home...
Hey all, I saw no thread on badminton as a hobby! Anybody interested in badminton ? Xero
Hey everybody, I need to design a system that can measure the pollution of the gas coming out from a car exhaust/engine. I'd appreciate it if you could give me...
hiiiiii i m a final year student & i need a project plz suggest me . :sshhh: