Who are the real-life heroes of a country

Hi All,

Who do you think are and should be the real life heroes of a country?
  • Filmstars
  • President and poiltical leaders and govenrment
  • Sports persons representing one's country globally
  • Engineers and Researchers
  • Social Workers
  • Doctors
  • Journalists and Reporters bringing up the reality in front of the world
  • Businessmen / Enterpreneurs
  • Armed Forces / Emergency Services
Please choose only one option from above list and give reasons in support of your answer.

[ PS: No poll options are given as our poor system again cannot support more than 6 options. ๐Ÿ˜ ]

Thanks for atleast replying. ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Anyone who is working for the welfare of the country, its history, resources, wildlife, etc and who has dedicated his/her life for the complete and overall development of the nation in all aspects without caring for monetary gain and fame is a hero.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Thanks for telling me the definition but luckily I already knew that. I asked you to still select only one option from the given list if possible. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I suppose you placed the option for "Filmstars"" to see the audacity of the answers of anyone answering it ๐Ÿ˜‰

Maybe you should have included the armed forces and emergency services as well ๐Ÿ˜€

Though, is there a reason for choosing only one? Usually that works with options that are mutually exclusive to each other.. but in this case, a lot of people can be considered heroes for a country.. and can only be so with the support of others.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ash
    Though, is there a reason for choosing only one? Usually that works with options that are mutually exclusive to each other.. but in this case, a lot of people can be considered heroes for a country.. and can only be so with the support of others.
    Good answer ash but was more diplomatic anyways now I got your one option answer. ๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for reminding one more option - Armed Forces. How could I miss that.:sshhh:
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I was gonna say just that!!

So, my vote goes to the Armed forces and the Emergency response teams.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @Scorpion and @Ash Now I request you to Please tell how these Armed Forces beat rest of the options ? Give atleast one strong point in their favour.
  • safwan
    safwan
    Social Worker
    Reason : becouse they help the poor people and society .
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    safwan
    Social Worker
    Reason : becouse they help the poor people and society .
    So do you think if the majority of one's country comprise of social workers? Will a country achieve top position ?

Say something in support of your answer and my critiscism ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    No doubts Armed Forces

Assume the situation without them !

So, My vote is goes to them
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Shalini, please also add "emergency services"- these include police, firefighters, medics, search and rescue.. even animal control. Basically anyone who insures public safety.

Again, I personally think options listed are not really mutually exclusive ๐Ÿ˜› Theres no point of having a certain "group" beating the rest when all are pretty much dependent on each other.

However, I could choose the option of those who should not even be considered a hero: filmstars. Certainly does not fit in patty's description at the very least.

Also.. perhaps it is useful for those who do pick options to list the situation the country is in. Armed forces would be relevant for the countries in conflict (or neighbouring conflicts), as opposed to neutral countries such as Switzerland. Journalists would be relevant for those countries with very authoritarian media control (hm.. Myanmar?). Volunteer doctors & medics in rough conditions in Africa..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Well, here is the supporting argument for my option:

Armed forces and emergency services play a major role in keeping us safe and guarding our frontiers. We can't lead a quiet and peaceful life if not for them. That is one reason.

The other is, of all the categories given, everyone would be having personal gains as the motive. ie, even though general good arises from their actions, their primary motives would be personal.

Armed forces is the only one where people have nothing personal. They give away themselves solely for the greater good of the general public. Hence, they are the true heroes, in my opinion.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    * Armed Forces / Emergency Services
    * Social Workers
    * Doctors
    * Enterpreneurs

๐Ÿ˜€
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    kashish0711
    * Armed Forces / Emergency Services
    * Social Workers
    * Doctors
    * Enterpreneurs

๐Ÿ˜€
    ๐Ÿ˜€
    Say something in support of your answer kashish ?
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    shalini_goel14
    ๐Ÿ˜€
    Say something in support of your answer kashish ?
    Ok this was written 4 times because of the power cuts. They did help to reduce the size of reply coz I got sick of typing same thing over and over again lol ๐Ÿ˜

• Armed forces are real life heroes because they are the people who spend their youth on the border protecting us. They deserve all the respect available in the world. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Entrepreneurs because they are the backbone of India. They are not only just responsible for economic profits but also provide employment and better living standard to other people. They are also indirectly responsible for the new bussiness economic policies. These are the one get maximum foreign exchange. In short the whole country moves with them.

• Doctors are real life heroes because they give us hope in hard times. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Social workers because they provide help to the needy without any personal gain/interest feeling.

๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi......... i want to learn image processin using matlab. Where can i start from?๐Ÿ˜•
Actually I'm completely new to ansys I don't even know the a,b,c of the ansys can anyone give me an ebook or something to start with (from very beginning). I...
Hi, I am from mainland-China and I have been studying in a British university for two years. Now I believe my oral English is good enough to have simple discussions...
(Sources: Automotive Mechanics by Crouse and Anglin, Thermodynamics by Cengel and Boles.) Air Standard Assumptions Actual gas power cycles are complex. To reduce analysis we follow the air standard assumptions,...
hello sir, My last year(BE e&tc) will start within 10 days. i m going to do indusrial automation course(plc, allen bradely, siemens, messung). but i dont know which project are...