Which Font Looks Better?

Verdana:

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Georgia:

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Guys, I wish to know which of the above two fonts look better to your eyes. Please vote on the poll. We need as many votes as possible on this.

Consider following points when you vote:

1. Which font (Verdana or Georgia) looks better to your eyes.
2. Which font is easier to read.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm adding more text to make it easier for you to judge: -

Georgia Example -

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's Verdana in Action: -

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    1. Which font looks better to your eyes.
    -> Verdana
    -> Verdana

๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    AbraKaDabra
    1. Which font looks better to your eyes.
    -> Verdana
    -> Verdana

๐Ÿ˜‰
    Same with me too. Verdana looks good to my eyes ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Verdana looks fine for me and I am die-hard Verdana font lover. ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Someone voted for Georgia ๐Ÿ˜
  • lal
    lal
    Verdana looks better for my eyes too.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Actually, the default font setting we've is 'Verdana'. However, 'Georgia' is generally known to be easier to read when paragraphs are longer.

I personally like Verdana as well. More responses please!
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    The_Big_K
    I'm adding more text to make it easier for you to judge: -

Georgia Example -

This font is poking my eyes.
  • Vijaya N
    Vijaya N
    Verdana looks better than Georgia and even it is easier to read... And if we type the numbers in Georgia it is bit difficult to read and even not looks good...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vijaya N
    Verdana looks better than Georgia and even it is easier to read... And if we type the numbers in Georgia it is bit difficult to read and even not looks good...
    Now that's a good observation. I agree.

So I think we should stick with our current plan. What do other CEans say?
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    The_Big_K
    Now that's a good observation. I agree.

So I think we should stick with our current plan. What do other CEans say?
    #-Link-Snipped-# Verdana is good..
  • Tulay
    Tulay
    my vote goes to Georgia ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tulay
    my vote goes to Georgia ๐Ÿ˜›
    ๐Ÿ˜จ

Looks like Verdana is leading the race. I'm actually bit surprised to see that Georgia is one of the most preferred fonts (after ariel) on most of the popular websites.
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    The_Big_K
    ๐Ÿ˜จ

Looks like Verdana is leading the race. I'm actually bit surprised to see that Georgia is one of the most preferred fonts (after ariel) on most of the popular websites.
    i agree with this but sticking to 'Verdana'
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    'Times New Roman', Size:12 ๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've decided to go with Verdana. If we ever change font; it's going to be a commercial, beautiful looking font ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Vijaya N
    Vijaya N
    Dancer_Engineer
    'Times New Roman', Size:12 ๐Ÿ˜
    There was a no discussion about the "Times New Roman" with other fonts.. It was just about whether Verdana looks better or Georgia.. so I just compared those two..
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Vijaya N
    There was a no discussion about the "Times New Roman" with other fonts.. It was just about whether Verdana looks better or Georgia.. so I just compared those two..
    Yes, I'm pretty much aware of that. I just said it on a funnier note. ๐Ÿ˜€
    'Times New Roman', Size:12 is the standard format which was given to us for any assignment or documentation. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Verdana text looks better not only when compared with Georgia(feels the best even when compared with others too). It feels good for my eyes too.

Verdana:

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

Times New Roman:

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.

Georgia:

Arial:

Courier New:

Tahoma:

An Observation: Georgia seems to be hybrid version of Times New Roman! The font looks much the same but bigger.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's Helvetica for you, folks:-

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Those who have all the free time in the world and want to be creative can head over to https://memegenerator.net/Y-U-No and create your funny Y U No Meme. Feel...
Hola CEans ๐Ÿ˜€ I'm here to present KYVoiCEan of one of the technocrats from our VoiCE group.She is a crazy computer science student who enjoys watching movies,TV series,reading,travelling,playing games. She...
hi redefiners, i need the recent cost of following equipments vicat apparatus IS:4031 concrete mixer pan type balances 1kg,5 kg and 15 kg Thickness and length gauge as per IS...
CAN ANYBODY SUGGEST ME THE WEBSITES FOR FREE DOWN LOADING THE MECHANICAL DESIGN BOOK.
People Looks like NASA contest for create the future contest is on... below is the email content : Dear Vijaya: We are now accepting entries for the 2012 "Create the...