car engines on kerosene

why car engines are made to run on diesel, petrol or cng only. why don't we find any car running on kerosene.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    there are however a class of i.c.engines which run on kerosene and they are called the petrol-start kerosene engine. they are however not used for automobiles because kerosene does not provide that much torque.

in fact as the name of this engine suggests, petrol is used as a fuel to start the engine from rest and after that kerosene takes over.

these engines can are used for running pumps and they can be commonly spotted at construction sites.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In a chess game, you are given 8 queens (color doesn't matter)and you have to place them on the board such that no queen kills any other (or is under...
Micromax X259 is the latest introduction in the economy phone market by the company that set a revolution in the mobile markets of India. The phone employs Solar Energy to...
Sir how to make a Printed circuit board (PCB) in home?? I've seen some techniques but i didn't found those chemicals like ferric chloride.. I need help for this sir...
CrazyEngineers conference is our casual online discussion facility for the members with 10+ posts on CE. We're running it as an experiment for about a week or two. This thread...
I created this program, which is later connected to another code to form a software.. Actually, now I want to make my software private. I mean, it must work on...