When does a Robot becomes a platform and not a tool?

Design news says: Developers may remember a time when you'd boot up your computer and all you'd get was a blank screen and blinking cursor. It was up to engineers and coders to build the content; the computer was just a platform. Ian Bernstein, founder and head of product at Misty Robotics, believes robots today are in that same place that computers were decades ago. “We're at that same point with robots today, where people are just building robots over and over with Raspberry Pis and Arduinos,” Bernstein told Design News. 

#-Link-Snipped-#

Home page - Misty Robotics

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Design News says: Your new IoT gadget looks great on paper and you have managed to transfer that seemingly perfect schematic image into real hardware. You have skillfully interlaced multiple...
Design News says: It's not easy finding the best gadgets among the 2.76-million square feet of event space of the Consumer Electronics Show (CES). There's nothing wrong with entertainment. But...
Foretellix, headquartered in Tel Aviv, Israel, provides a capability for autopilot developers to realize and demonstrate the high safety required for self driving cars. The company's developed coverage driven verification...
I am currently pursuing my b.tech in ece eith 65% marks and i am in final semester.i am totally confused what to do after. I want job in field but...
IAM recently completed my graduation in civil engineering with a percentage of 59per  and I worked on site engineer but I am not interested in that I want to develop...