CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Jaylene Quipia • 19 Jul, 2015 • 1 like
i am not able to come up with a new idea for new and unique projects for disabled person or even new projects related for ECE students. can somebody please help me.
@Ankita Katdare • 19 Jul, 2015 • 2 likes Hi @Jaylene Quipia Welcome to CrazyEngineers.
There are tons of project ideas revolving around people with physical disabilities.
First of all refer these: https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/project-for-physically-challenged-people.58905/

Here are some more ideas:
Earthquake alarm system with quick alarm
Tongue Motion Controlled Wheel Chair
Hand movement sensor based communication system for the deaf and dumb to display what they want to communicate.
@Aman khan • 23 Jul, 2015
Jaylene Quipiades: 348168
i am not able to come up with a new idea for new and unique projects for disabled person or even new projects related for ECE students. can somebody please help me.
Are you interested in home automation and security system ? If yes then I have a project ...
@Jaylene Quipia • 03 Aug, 2015 Thank you for the great ideas but sadly to say my proffessor said that it was already presented by other groups.. He want something that has a large impact on the society or something innovative.. Can you please again help me ?? I'am running out of time.
@Harshad Italiya • 03 Aug, 2015 • 3 likes
Jaylene Quipia
Thank you for the great ideas but sadly to say my proffessor said that it was already presented by other groups.. He want something that has a large impact on the society or something innovative.. Can you please again help me ?? I'am running out of time.
You can design a Ultrasonic Stick for blind people which scans from all direction and some sort of speaker to alert or notification whether to go forward or not.
@Ankita Katdare • 03 Aug, 2015 • 1 like
Jaylene Quipia
Thank you for the great ideas but sadly to say my proffessor said that it was already presented by other groups.. He want something that has a large impact on the society or something innovative.. Can you please again help me ?? I'am running out of time.
https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/project-for-physically-challenged-people.58905/
^ Read this discussion.
And if you really want to make a difference, visit a nearby hospital and talk to the attendants, nurses or anyone who is free and ask them about the problems that disabled people face. If you want to take the efforts, make the list of those points and post it here. It will take hardly 2-3 hours. Once we have a list, we can come up with technological solutions to each point. You can choose any one of those and develop the project. # Make In India
@Harshad Italiya • 03 Aug, 2015 • 2 likes @Jaylene Quipia :
What @Ankita Katdare said here is very effective if you visit hospital and try to link where you can create something that will be helpful for them and they can serve with better way to patient then that would leave the most impact what your professor is looking forward.
@Ankita Katdare • 23 Jan, 2020 • 1 like

This post has turned out to be an important resource for engineers. It's amazing to see so many people landing on our website looking for engineering project ideas suitable for disabled persons.

Let's chip in as many ideas as possible, folks! What say?

I will set the ball rolling..

Project ideas for the Deaf / People with Hearing Loss / Hard of hearing

• A smart hearing aid system that distinguishes between noise and actual spoken words.
  • An attempt to communicate music to people who are deaf through vibrations and light.

Project ideas for the Mute / Who can't speak / Vocal disabilities

• Gesture Vocalizer - where gestures are converted into audio and visual form so that they can be understood by everyone. (preferably small, hand-held device)

Can we have more ideas, people? Do post your ideas below.

@bill yorke • 23 Jan, 2020

There has been a lot to do with smart buildings but am yet to come across one specifically tailored to handicapped persons. 

Perhaps, there could be a way to come up with a design, for instance for the blind where a person's heat signatures can be used to sense and provide access or guide them safely through the building or outside in the streets such as virtual technology but one that practically conveys the surrounding realities.

15.2k views

Related Posts

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 5, 2011

1. Fabrication of Remote operated weapon System 2. Automatic double axis Pneumatic JCB 3. Automatic Car Parking System for apartment Building 4. PLC based automatic Multi-machine Lubrication System 5. Electronic...
26k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 8, 2014

CDAC 2014 admission season is ongoing and a lot of aspiring students are looking for information on first round of counselling. This discussion thread is dedicated to all the information...
4.6k views

@Ankita Katdare · Nov 27, 2014

(Question): You would associate this guy with which one of the following? (A): Dell Computers (B): Sony PlayStation 4 (C): Microsoft XBOX ONE (D): Microsoft Kinect (Question): What is Samsung's...
3.9k views

@Ankita Katdare · Jun 6, 2010

What types of CMOS memories have you designed? What were their size? Speed? Configuration Process technology? What work have you done on full chip Clock and Power distribution? What process...
4.3k views

@sharunya · Dec 15, 2015

hi.. im electronic communication student... I need help for my final year project.. the theme that given to us was green technology.. im really out of ideas about it.. please...
6.3k views