What will be the shape of torque-speed curve in braking quadrant for DC motor?

Hello,
What will be the shape of torque-speed curve in braking quadrant for DC motor? Will it be similar to this curve?
Many thanksUntitled

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    no its just a drooping curve
  • mibawad
    mibawad
    Hello,
    What do you mean by drooping curve? Could you explain more?
    Best wishes,
    Mohammed
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    its difficult to explain i think i can find a image of it
    image009
    here it is but the curve dont bend completely changes on end refer books for more information
  • mibawad
    mibawad
    All textbooks refer to the speed-torque curve for permanent magnet DC motor as a line in first quadrant as in the figure
    torque
    I am asking about what about the curve in Q.2, Q.3, and Q.4?
    Thanks
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    mibawad
    All textbooks refer to the speed-torque curve for permanent magnet DC motor as a line in first quadrant as in the figure
    torque
    I am asking about what about the curve in Q.2, Q.3, and Q.4?
    Thanks
    same there will be no change on quarents but as i know that motor is a special type motor in many of cases DC motor means we take electromagnet type DC motor as ideal speed is constant for any load for DC motor but i dont know about these charecterstics

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can a garden hose to the stratosphere really keep the planet cool? British to Test Geoengineering Scheme* - Technology Review
Is there any inrush current when a TV, refrigerator or similar equipment is turned on? if yes then how do they reduce it
What is the criteria for getting admission in Harvard school of business??
Samsung Wave 3 has finally arrived in India with a price tag of Rs. 19600. The Wave 3 is the third installation in the popular Samsung Wave series. I've owned...
Tomtom - the European maker of navigation devices has launched three products in Indian markets: Via 100, Via 120 and Via 125. The price of the products starts at INR....