Car locking system

I don't know if this is possible, just had a thought when was travelling in my friend's car.
We already have , wireless door locking and unlocking system right? just that we don't use spectrum, is it possible to have such locking and unlocking controls within the car rather than having a key/RF for it? The car handle which has that pressing nob, could be made as a finger print identifier and when you tend to open the door, you place your thumb and press it, so the finger print actually is collected, recognized and then if you are authenticated person , door flungs open. And to allow you family to use the car as well, may be a maximum of 10 finger print readings can be stored.
P.S: door locks as soon as you close it.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    durga
    I don't know if this is possible, just had a thought when was travelling in my friend's car.
    We already have , wireless door locking and unlocking system right? just that we don't use spectrum, is it possible to have such locking and unlocking controls within the car rather than having a key/RF for it? The car handle which has that pressing nob, could be made as a finger print identifier and when you tend to open the door, you place your thumb and press it, so the finger print actually is collected, recognized and then if you are authenticated person , door flungs open. And to allow you family to use the car as well, may be a maximum of 10 finger print readings can be stored.
    P.S: door locks as soon as you close it.
    Finger-print based authentication would quadruple the security, but what if I wish to go for valet parking at a mall?

Can be provisioned with an alternate locking system. ๐Ÿ˜
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Ok, I did not think of that! For locking atleast you don't have to go along ๐Ÿ˜ but for unlocking , you might still be needed. Ok, Lemme think ๐Ÿ˜”
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    *Thread Bumped*

@Durga: How about face recognition as password, it is used in computers already. Let me think if it is really implemented in cars already. I think the idea by RF technology would be good as suggested by you.

I have one simple doubt, The current *key* technology, however does not use any power.
    The ones with face recognition or RF module would consume electricity. What in case if the battery of car is "down"?

Let me think about all aspects first before commenting anything. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sorry didn't notice it first. RF already exists, you are talking about having a *finger print technology*.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yeah these type of locks already exists in modern cars. they are called Biometric locks.

See for BMW Z22, it has got that locking arrangements. This one is a concept car. The locking system is simple as you say, whenever you sit in a car, for starting it you need to place your finger for verification. It would also curb children driving a car rashly and only those having access can start it.

Newer models of these locks come with many features like nap alert system, voiCE recognition systems and what not.

Other cars using this locking arrangement are Honda FCX model and Volvo SSC. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi 4 all! I am new 2 dis community.... I am a 2nd chemical engg student frm India. I m thinking whether I can get some topics for individual projects...
hi,everybody can you tell me from where i will get all IScodes of civil engg.
Is someone out there thorough with 2d & 3d modeling software coz i have a query that needs to be solved in autoCAD and in either pro-e/catia?????? For AutoCAD can...
I'm a B.Tech final yr student in civil engg. Can anyone suggest me some topics for my final yr project, preferably in structural or transportation engineering? Are there any websites...
Our CEan for Dileep's Crazyevent of the Month August is CRAZYBOY..... ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ ๐ŸŽ‰ CONGRATULATIONS CRAZYBOY..๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜