What is the 'Next Big Thing' for India?

Today is Engineer's Day in India. Looking back at the past 1 year of craziness, we'd all agree that somewhere down the line, we're still the same old donkeys who work for the Big Guys. Well excuse my abruptness and tell me what is the 'next big thing' you want to see happen from India rather than from any other country in the world. The past years has already seen how a radical change has come in gadget selection - the transition from normal phones to smartphones and phablets, the change from Ambassadors to various other foreign models of vehicles, CRTs to LCDs and LEDs, and what not; and now Pranav Mistry has developed Samsung Gear and our very own @#-Link-Snipped-# sir had engineered a marvel for Walt Disney. I also happened to hear last night on the radio that 20000 Indians have applied for the one way trip to Mars. What next??? Let's think!

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    OK, here is what i think about. We have seen lot of changes and you know you have stated something like we are still working for Big guys, there are people who moved and made a difference to their life in the past year!

So the next big thing for any country I dont know , but next big for us or for any individual if planned then I think that makes a difference to that individual and slowly to the country itself.

A one line answer would be, people will be more into entrepreneurship than last year 😀
  • Alok mishra
    Alok mishra
    2014 polls results and repercussions as modi is there nevertheless i hate politics as it deserves.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    As for me I consider it is a good question to think and act according to it.I dont think a advancement in technology alone dont develop a real nation.There has to be a political and educational reformation.People has to be aware of their surrounding happenings.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Next big thing? People whom you credit for creating "big thing" never started with such an objective (think Wright brothers, Bose, Dolby, Edison etc). They actually tried to solve a practical problem, experimented with lot of things and then found what works. As someone said, the best way to predict future is to create it!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, This was a tough one. We went through the entries and must say all of them are very commendable. The efforts that every participant has put into composing their...
Hi, we hav started our construction recently with load bearing method and the foundation work is just got completed. But now due to some reasons we want to convert this...
enum a cute data type in java to declare our own data type values Why It Can't Be declared inside the Method ..................Why we Have to declare that inside the...
Sandisk CFast 2.0 Extreme Fast memory card is world's fastest and it's can write the bits at hair blowing 350 MB/s and retrieve them at 450 MB/s. These memory cards...
Below is a situation I have two database table 1: Posts 2: Recent Watched Now What I want is whenever user visits a certain post of mine, then it will...