CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Ankita Katdare • 31 Aug, 2011

What kind of innovative events can be conducted for civil engineering students in their tech-fest?

Suggest ideas and names for the same.

@Akshay borse • 20 Aug, 2016 • 1 like Need ideas for civil engineering tech fest
@Ankita Katdare • 06 Oct, 2016 • 4 likes This thread needs a major update. I set the ball rolling by sharing some ideas of my own:

1. Build a tiny toy house from cardboard.
Time: 60 minutes

2. Give material like: ice cream sticks, newspaper, threads and glue and build a boat that can sustain the weight of a smartphone in a water tank.
Time: 45 minutes

3. Survey & Prepare Outlay: Time: 3 hours

4. AutoCAD competition for designing materials. (Topic for the drawing will be given on the spot.)

5. A quiz contest with only subjects from civil engineering

6. Idea Presentation contest where participants need to present futuristic ideas about civil constructions using models, animations , pencil sketches, videos etc.

General ideas that are always there:

1. A minute to win it: You can google up hundreds of 1 minute games.
2. Paper presentation
3. Truss/Bridge making contest
@tippaloori Reddy • 13 Oct, 2018 • 1 like

Spot events related to civil engineering students in technical fest

@Jagadeesh Jagath • 15 Dec, 2018 • 1 like

Topography events. In fest

@Monica Jha • 15 Dec, 2018 • 1 like

Something like

• Integrated Housing & Building Industrialization Expo
  • Waste Technology and Equipment Exhibition
  • Expo in Zero Energy buildings
  • How modular construction works
  • Workshops on CAD tools, Autodesk
  • Thermal Bridging and Contour Crafting competitions.
  • Compositions events such as Tower Crane building, Design industrial area and their problems
@Swarna Elumalai • 27 Dec, 2018 • 1 like

Suggest me fest name  for department  of civil engineering 

@Ankita Katdare • 01 Feb, 2020

Civil Engineering Fest Name Ideas:

Some Indian style fest names:

• Kriya
  • Nirmaan
  • Aakaar
  • Srushti
  • Kaushalya
  • Vaastu Shastra
  • Rachana
  • Sanrachana
  • Advitiya
  • Srujan
  • Utpanna
  • Gathan
  • Yojana
  • Prayatna
  • Lakshya
  • Abhyudaya

Some fun English names for Civil Engineering tech fests:

• Concrete Fair
  • Konstruct
  • Civicture
  • Civista
  • Civileers
  • CiviITech
  • Generix
@bill yorke • 02 Feb, 2020 • 1 like

The activities that we conducted or participated could be: Bridge creation with Ice cream sticks, Planning and zoning presentation: raw map was given as a challenge statement and the entire state with should be identified services, Autocad contest and draft contest.

also; Tilted framework design, Construction machine model with syringe, Earthquake resistant structure modeling and shake table testing.

13.4k views

Related Posts

@Ankita Katdare · Apr 18, 2013

Idea Cellular's arena of smartphones just got a new entry with the launch of Idea AURUS 2, an all new Dual-SIM Android smarphone, which is a successor to the Gingerbead...
2.3k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 6, 2015

At the CES 2015, Nikon's launched the much awaited upgrade in the Nikon D55XX series - the Nikon D5500, we informed you about few days in advance. Nikon's finally introduced...
1.4k views

@Dhananjay Harkare · Mar 1, 2014

After smartphones, now almost every tech company is jumping onto smart wearable devices, many of them focusing on health, nutrition and fitness. We have seen people making New Year or...
5.3k views

@SURYA TEJA GUNTUPALLI · Jan 27, 2015

Yes I'm applying for IES 2015. I am a mechanical engineering graduate and 2014 passout. I got confused when seeing UPSC exam schedule. There is ISS/IES exam and it's notification...
2.1k views

@rohith gunnu · Oct 9, 2012

i have a doubt can we change a java phone to android? please answer me ...
33k views