What kind of innovative events can be conducted for civil engineering students in their tech-fest?
Suggest ideas and names for the same.
1. Build a tiny toy house from cardboard.
Time: 60 minutes
2. Give material like: ice cream sticks, newspaper, threads and glue and build a boat that can sustain the weight of a smartphone in a water tank.
Time: 45 minutes
3. Survey & Prepare Outlay: Time: 3 hours
4. AutoCAD competition for designing materials. (Topic for the drawing will be given on the spot.)
5. A quiz contest with only subjects from civil engineering
6. Idea Presentation contest where participants need to present futuristic ideas about civil constructions using models, animations , pencil sketches, videos etc.
General ideas that are always there:
1. A minute to win it: You can google up hundreds of 1 minute games.
2. Paper presentation
3. Truss/Bridge making contest
Spot events related to civil engineering students in technical fest
Topography events. In fest
- Integrated Housing & Building Industrialization Expo
- Waste Technology and Equipment Exhibition
- Expo in Zero Energy buildings
- How modular construction works
- Workshops on CAD tools, Autodesk
- Thermal Bridging and Contour Crafting competitions.
- Compositions events such as Tower Crane building, Design industrial area and their problems
Suggest me fest name for department of civil engineering
Civil Engineering Fest Name Ideas:
Some Indian style fest names:
- Vaastu Shastra
Some fun English names for Civil Engineering tech fests:
- Concrete Fair
The activities that we conducted or participated could be: Bridge creation with Ice cream sticks, Planning and zoning presentation: raw map was given as a challenge statement and the entire state with should be identified services, Autocad contest and draft contest.
also; Tilted framework design, Construction machine model with syringe, Earthquake resistant structure modeling and shake table testing.