What is the difference between Computer science and information technology?

Hi I'm interested in computer courses to study, today I spoke to someone from one of the unis I was interested in one of the courses were more about designing and the other practical and more technical fixing and support the system. I'm really interested in that. Its called computer enterprising. .

But I want to apply to more but I get confused as every university calls the computer courses a different name. So i'm unsure if its software , or computer science , IT , IS with business. I think it could be IS with business what I'm interested in but I'm unsure. In some of the modules in the enterprise one has : information systems,computer programming ,data management , software testing , human computer interaction. developing internet applications supporting the systems kinda thing.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Similar question has been answered previously on the forum. Check:

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I hope it's useful to you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The course name and contents will be different in every country. In order to take better decision, I'll advise you to browse through the course content and discuss it with fellow engineers, either here on CE or with the students of university you're applying to.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Algorithm and Data Structures - Niklaus Wirth PDF File of the book:
Struggling to get started in Linux? Here's a simple command reference guide created by Amit Agrawal of Digital Inspiration to help you get started with Linux. Download the PDF and...
Micromax Bling 2 will build on the success of Bling (Q55) and offer extra features over the original Bling. The launch date & price has not been officially announced yet....
It's been quite a long time since we organized a big contest for CEans. The exam season is on and CrazyEngineers is experiencing lower traffic than usual. It'll take few...
Lecture on Engineering Mechanics by Dr.G.Saravana Kumar, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your ideas in this discussion thread - [video=youtube;4iEtC-mhKrs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iEtC-mhKrs[/video]