What is the difference between a geek and a nerd?

I had this idiot question somewhere in the back of my mind.

I think those two are somewhat different words.

The Urban Dictionary defines a Geek as:
The people you pick on in high school and wind up working for as an adult.

And the same Dictionary defines Nerd as:
One whose IQ exceeds his weight.

Geek is not to be confused with Nerd. A geek does not have to be smart, a Geek is someone who is generally not athletic, and enjoys Video Games; Comic Books; being on the internet etc.

I wonder if that is true. 😛

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Those who are looking for mechanical engineering project ideas, here's one more you can try to build: A Hovercraft. Wikipedia Link: Hovercraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia A hovercraft is...
Hi i have confusion. i am writing a C program for a quiz. i wanna know if we can give the user 2 tries to enter the answer. here is...
I've often noticed during my cardio workouts that the cycle needs external supply. I was wondering whether it would be possible to cut down the power supply and make the...
We've reviewed the Google's latest Nexus Phone "Nexus S" through VoiCE. Give it a look: Google Nexus S Price In India, Launch Date & Reviews - CrazyEngineers
Toyota have unveiled a new robot that can play the violin. But not particularly well. See their video: [video=youtube;EzjkBwZtxp4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzjkBwZtxp4&feature=fvwk[/video]