What is service oriented architecture?

please give me some info bout service oriented architecture . i wanna know wat actually is service oriented architecture? wat is it meant for ? i want dis info very urgently cos i must start working on a project and the project topic is service oriented architecture

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    harshitha
    please give me some info bout service oriented architecture . i wanna know wat actually is service oriented architecture? wat is it meant for ? i want dis info very urgently cos i must start working on a project and the project topic is service oriented architecture

Hi harshita,

SOA(Service Oriented Architecture) is not an easy architecture. I am sure you are doing some very difficult project that you need its idea. Just to give you an idea, I will say it basically comes into picture when you want to integrate two systems.For eg. If I have 1 Core Banking System and 1 Retail Banking System and I want to integrate both into one then SOA comes into picture.

Feel free to ask more questions. May be I can be of some help.๐Ÿ˜€
  • harshitha
    harshitha
    shalini_goel14
    Hi harshita,

SOA(Service Oriented Architecture) is not an easy architecture. I am sure you are doing some very difficult project that you need its idea. Just to give you an idea, I will say it basically comes into picture when you want to integrate two systems.For eg. If I have 1 Core Banking System and 1 Retail Banking System and I want to integrate both into one then SOA comes into picture.

Feel free to ask more questions. May be I can be of some help.๐Ÿ˜€
    thank u very much for this information. now im thinking of incorporating service oriented architecture in a web server application. is my thought right? am i correct or is it silly? if it is correct how can i do it?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    harshitha
    thank u very much for this information. now im thinking of incorporating service oriented architecture in a web server application. is my thought right? am i correct or is it silly? if it is correct how can i do it?
    I can help you if you can give me idea of your web server application?๐Ÿ˜€
  • harshitha
    harshitha
    shalini_goel14
    I can help you if you can give me idea of your web server application?๐Ÿ˜€
    how bout implementing hotel management with the following services;
    lodging,food services,branches,travel agent guide,event organising.
    if u know any other services please let me know.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    harshitha
    how bout implementing hotel management with the following services;
    lodging,food services,branches,travel agent guide,event organising.
    if u know any other services please let me know.
    So harshitha M'am

When you are going to start this project? ๐Ÿ˜‰ What are going to be front ends and back-ends?

[PS: By the way you don't need any SOA for this. It is a simple one.]
  • harshitha
    harshitha
    actually v r a team of 4 people n v hve already started working on the project but v r not able 2 understand whether 2 implement soa on hotel management or on web services or any other application.this is wat i require 2 understand.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    harshitha
    actually v r a team of 4 people n v hve already started working on the project but v r not able 2 understand whether 2 implement soa on hotel management or on web services or any other application.this is wat i require 2 understand.
    Glad to know harshita ๐Ÿ˜€

1. Please go through this once and be careful from next time.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2. Ask your other team members also to join CE and be a part of this thread. ๐Ÿ˜€

3. Tell the requirements of your project. Has anyone asked you that it is must to use SOA?
  • harshitha
    harshitha
    yes, the topic that we have been given is service oriented architecture.and also we have strict instructions from our hod that we are supposed to incorporate SOA in whatever application we choose to develop and we are supposed to demonstrate it to him by maintaining a single laptop which uses the services which are distributed over other three laptops.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    harshitha
    yes, the topic that we have been given is service oriented architecture.and also we have strict instructions from our hod that we are supposed to incorporate SOA in whatever application we choose to develop and we are supposed to demonstrate it to him by maintaining a single laptop which uses the services which are distributed over other three laptops.
    Good harshita,
    This was the thing I was expecting in your very first post of this thread. So you will make a webservice application right? What all technologies you have decided or planned to work on? Do you know how to make an application using simple client-server architecture? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • harshitha
    harshitha
    shalini_goel14
    Good harshita,
    This was the thing I was expecting in your very first post of this thread. So you will make a webservice application right? What all technologies you have decided or planned to work on? Do you know how to make an application using simple client-server architecture? ๐Ÿ˜€
    yes we have decided to make a web service application.Some of the terchnologies my friends suggested was that of providing a log in facility,registration facility and one of my friends even gave an idea of developing a dept website.please suggest some good services which you think would work out very well and fetch us very good marks. and as far as client server architecture is concerned we know only the theory about it but none of us have tried implementing it practically.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    harshitha
    yes we have decided to make a web service application.Some of the terchnologies my friends suggested was that of providing a log in facility,registration facility and one of my friends even gave an idea of developing a dept website.please suggest some good services which you think would work out very well and fetch us very good marks. and as far as client server architecture is concerned we know only the theory about it but none of us have tried implementing it practically.
    ok harshita,
    Your idea is also good but getting marks depends lot on your unique way of making project. ๐Ÿ˜€.I believe making a department site is the easiest example of using SOA. So start working over it.

One more thing let us know which languages you people are going to use? What is going to be Front-end? Back-end? etc.
  • harshitha
    harshitha
    we have decided to develop the front end with ASP.Net and the back end with Oracle.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    harshitha
    we have decided to develop the front end with ASP.Net and the back end with Oracle.
    Good then it is darn easy to do. Required any help? Post here. I don't think so you require any SOA in this.

By the way, can you put some light on your SOA knowledge here?๐Ÿ˜€
  • harshitha
    harshitha
    harshitha
    now please tell me how to create , implement and deploy my own SOA from scratch and writing code for everything
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Harshitha, you need to do the following things first -
    1. Create a logical flow of the application(s)
    2. How the user is going to interact with the systems
    3. Once that is done, you can separate the distinct parts into different modules
    4. The interactions between these modules can be the services that you want
    5. Each module can have that service exposed through an interface

For eg. If you are going to make hotel management system, make a Customer Registration module, a Billing module, a CRM module, and make them talk to each other. So a billing module would need information from the registration and crm module. the CRM module would need information from the registration module, and so forth.

Hope this helps.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey kidakaka Sir,

What an answer !. Thanks for clearing even my concepts also. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey this is for the big guys to explain to me!!!!! I was very sure of my concepts regarding the Multis!!!!!!! 1)Multiprogramming 2)Multitasking 3)Multiprocessing 4)Multithreading I am really ๐Ÿ˜• Help...
Hi... can anybody give any links or information on the following topic- "Wonder Car-A Car Which Works On Water" if any information is available please send it to ... Thanks....
CEans, She is one of the most active crazy engineers on CE. A software engineer by profession, she's got JAVA-solutions to most of the problems! CrazyEngineers community is proud to...
๐Ÿ˜Ž please send me some mini project topics based on electronics & communication.
i had this doubt of whether sonar tech concept could be used with other low frequency waves other than that btw 20hz to 20000hz. if it could be used how...