What is password Hacking?

wat is password hacking?? ๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: wat is password hacking??

Satyajit
    wat is password hacking?? ๐Ÿ˜
    I guess you actually mean 'What is Password Cracking?'. Password cracking would mean breaking someone's password and gain illegal access to data/information.

A password cracker would try various techniques to 'break' the password. However, with sophisticated security systems in place, passoword cracking is getting more difficult.

We would refrain from discussing the techniques used to crack passwords.

'Hacking' is a good activity. In a cyber war, Hackers are the good guys & crackers are the bad ones. Password hacking, in this context, would mean playing with your own passwords, making them more secure & difficult to break.

-The Big K-
  • DEP
    DEP

The_Big_K
    I guess you actually mean 'What is Password Cracking?'. Password cracking would mean breaking someone's password and gain illegal access to data/information.

A password cracker would try various techniques to 'break' the password. However, with sophisticated security systems in place, passoword cracking is getting more difficult.

We would refrain from discussing the techniques used to crack passwords.

'Hacking' is a good activity. In a cyber war, Hackers are the good guys & crackers are the bad ones. Password hacking, in this context, would mean playing with your own passwords, making them more secure & difficult to break.

-The Big K-

hi there,
    a little confusion this side.can anyone help??

biggie you talked about HACKING and CRACKING in this post. Are the two terms used in positive and negative sense respectively??? As in hacking is something one should do while cracking shouldnt be ??
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    There is a huge mis-conception amongst ppl about the words ... hacking and cracking ...

hacking is legal when it breaks the boundaries of legality it becomes cracking ...

in other words .. hackers are the good guys ... ppl who provide security and make sure it prevails

crackers are the bad guys ... who crack applications, passwords so on and so forth

but again ... there is something known as ethical hacking ... where u hack for a good cause ... such as u hack to see the vulberabilityof a network ... un-ethical hacking is another term for cracking
  • hemant
    hemant
    i m also intrested in hacking? i need a basic info about the hacking
    and plese tips to some which haking i may be do u r a proffesinal hacker/
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    there is nothing like if u hack into windows u become a prof. hacker ... a hacker is a hacker and if u ask being able to enter the admin mode of xp w/o password doesnt qualify as hacking .... its a lot more tha that ... last i checked there was a course on ethical hacking by the govt. of india ... read a hoarding dont know the details ... google it u may findd a few courses ... but be careful of whatever u download form the internet ... u get a lot of "hacking stuff" which at times makes ur pc vulnerable to attacks
  • crazy
    crazy

Hey guys still now i'm not clear about Hacking n cracking...
    please someboby explain mi what is the basic difference between these two.
    Is a company needs hackers..
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    hacking = good
    cracking = bad

sorry cant be more simpler taht this
  • DEP
    DEP
    hey no_atkt,

thanks a lot for all the mater you provided us with.

am feeling good.

thanks again
    bye.
  • Rahul Jamgade
    Rahul Jamgade
    ๐Ÿ˜€ If I can elaborate a bit.
    The original meaning of Hacking is "an activity that explores a device or system so as to make maximum out of it. Making it to do what it was not designed for and hence thereby extending the functionality that was not part of the design. Hence it was supposed to be related to Technology Enthusiasts. These are the people who actually initiate the exploring of system to stretch beyond its functionalities as part of design and plan. Hence they let the people know that these are the shortcomings of the product , system etc. Therefore they are "Good People".

However they are categorized as follows,
    1. BlackHat: Bad
    2. WhiteHat: Good
    3. Grey Hat : At times Bad but assist govt agencies for cyber crime tracing and such other related activites.

Cracking : Its an act of using a hacked system or systems that was found to have loopholes, for activities so that they can use it to their own benefit such as Vendetta, Monetary gains and such related activities. Hence they are supposed to be Bad guys.

Finding a bug that says "this is the loophole that can leak passwords in the system" is called as Hacking. Exploiting that loophole for personal benifits such as getting password hash and converting it to text based password and using that password to login to someone else user account to steal info or money transactions is called as crackers.

There are other terminologies like Penetration Tester etc. , however I think it is out of scope.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    If you are looking for hacking then one thing should be clear, Hacking is nothing but having deep knowlege about system you want to hack. It may be knowing a system more by analysis, behaviour technical or any other aspect.

For example: type this in google.com :
    technology site: CrazyEngineers
    and hit search. you will get results preferred from site https://www.crazyengineers.com . this is google hacking and there is lots of more hacking like search define love .if will first show you definition of love after that search result from keyword love.
    If I am not wrong you are looking for Password breach, how to crack friend's password.
    you need to learn his behaviour what kind of password he like to have on different sites what is pattern of keeping his passwords.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As I always say, hacking & cracking are the industries most misunderstood terms. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • born_star16
    born_star16
    The_Big_K
    As I always say, hacking & cracking are the industries most misunderstood terms. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Exactly....Some of my friend always say "Someone hacked my account". This is the first line they say after trying to log in and failed.

Reason: "Mistyped Password" ๐Ÿ˜›
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    A hacker is a person who is proficient with computers and/or programming to an elite level where they know all of the in's and out's of a system. There is NO illegality involved with being a hacker.

A cracker is a hacker who uses their proficiency for personal gains outside of the law. EX: stealing data, changing bank accounts, distributing viruses etc.

What the hacker does with their knowledge of systems within the definition of the law is what defines them as a hacker vs a cracker. It's then safe to say that all crackers are hackers, but not all hackers are crackers. This is an important distinction.

The term cracker and hacker are used interchangeably (albeit incorrectly) largely due to the ignorance of the general populace, especially the media.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello friends, can any bodt help me to tall abt any summer training programme that r held in this june and july after completion of 1st year
I Want to go for summer internships in any company in hyderabad. Now i am studying in IIIT, Jabalpur. Now i am in 2nd year. How to get summer internships....
I Want to go for summer internships in any company in hyderabad. Now i am studying in IIIT, Jabalpur. Now i am in 2nd year. How to get summer internships?.which...
hi all, i have been going through the threds in the "general help" forum and found out that many Ceans are int their 2nd year and are obviously planning for...
CEans, Its time to gather feedback about the CE Bulletin. On 2nd of every month, the CE bulletin goes to CEans spread across the world. The CE - Editorial team...