What is meant by big bang engine?

Two days back my friend made a seminar in my class on "big bang engine" but I am not able to catch the real point in it.He said that big bang engine is a engine which has a firing order not in a specific interval but will have successive close firing order which will give a better power usage. It will help in initial pickup of engine and this engine is used in yamaha YZF R1. Is this really the sole purpose of big bang engine and if possible give a briel on big bang engine with firing order?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All I know is Yamaha R1 2008 has the Big Bang engine. Maybe @#-Link-Snipped-# and @#-Link-Snipped-# can talk a bit about this?
  • gohm
    gohm
    The important bit is that each connecting rod is 90 degrees from the previous one. Its motogp tech coming to street bikes for the first time. It increases usable power which also helps traction.
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    Each connecting rod fires 90º from the next, that means the cylinders fire at 270°- 180°- 90°- 180°. The power pulses spread out to the rear tire which allows to regain traction in between each pulse. More usable traction under large throttle openings can be achieved. It is possible to accelerate out of corner earlier and harder. This firing order will be called as big bang firing order. Engine sounds will be high in these type of engines.

The image of the Yamaha R1 is as given below
    [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Coursera is a initiative to provide you free training on various topics. I have attended training on start-up websites and got some idea how it work. I just got mail...
could anyone give me the java applet program for creating online shopping website which having buttons ,frames,layouts,dialog box,etc..and i need to login in the frst page,then i have to choose...
In October, Google is going to ship KitKat 4.4, but we don't know the accurate date. however, few Samsung devices like : Galaxy Note III, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Mini,...
I'm curious to know what are the minimum hardware requirements for Android KitKat 4.4. There have been rumors circulating on the Internet that the latest Android flavour will be supported...
PCI>Peripheral Component Interconnect, IDE>Integrated Drive Electronic, HDd>Hard Disk Drive, CMOS>Complementary Metal Oxide Semi-conductor, USB>Universal Serial Bus, OS>Operating System. Stay tune more are loading.