What is FIR relay in Transformer

I have faced this question in an interview, what is the use of FIR relay in transformer....?

if anybody knows please explain me..
thanks
regards
ericsson

Replies

• vasanthmbs
    vasanthmbs
    FIR relay is induction relay..... same as other relays..
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    I am getting curious about this. How does it protect the transformer? what is its full form? What is its basic principle?How is its working?
    I am not expecting a full explanation about it, but I just want a basic knowledge about it. At-least give me the full form of it.
    I would be happy if anyone answers this.
    Thank you for trying to answer me(in advance).
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    [​IMG]

CHECK OUT THIS DIAGRAM FOR MORE DETAILS..................

Regards,
    VIPUL
  • Arp
    Arp
    FIR (Finite Impulse Response) filter banks recognize the distortion of the voltage and current waveforms caused by the arcs usually associated with HIF, by yielding 3 phase voltage and current at a set frequency and inspecting the pattern displayed against a pre set pattern, usually based on an algorithm.
  • freak16
    freak16
    @ARP
    Can you please tell what is HIF?
  • Arp
    Arp
    High impedance faults (HIF) are faults which are difficult to detect using standard overcurrent protection relays for earth and phase fault detection.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Friends, I hava a dout... please clarify My generator has a rated powerfactor of 0.8 as specified in their name plate, what happened if i have run the generator at...
hi,am a computer engneering diploma student,after 5th sem i need help in major project work.please suggest me some ideas for major projects
hi i,m trying to learn any mistake forgive me😁 CAn any one tell how to delete this thread
😕I am asecond yr student of electronics& communication. I'm going to do mini project(within 1 week) related to electronics.So i need some ideas about it.I search for the project which...
😕I am asecond yr student of electronics& communication. I'm going to do mini project(within 1 week) related to electronics.So i need some ideas about it.I search for the project which...