What if you dont get a job through college ?

what if you dont get a job through college campus placements ?

Is there any way to get a job ?

How reliable the sites like monster and Naukri.com for registering and geting a job .. .?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Naukri and Monster are reliable websites and several freshers have been invited for walk-ins / technical rounds of interviews through them. The best way to get a job is to keep an eye on the walk-ins (newspapers are a very good source), or seek assistance from reputed placement agencies. You should also check with your college's alumni network.
  • Mahesh Shelke
    Mahesh Shelke
    I am passed out .. I am preparing for GATE .. will the gap affect much in future ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mahesh Shelke
    I am passed out .. I am preparing for GATE .. will the gap affect much in future ?
    Tip: "Passed Out" isn't the correct usage in this context. More appropriate would be "I'm a graduate or I've graduated".

It's always better to provide all the appropriate details when asking questions. We've no clue in which year you graduated and how many years of 'break' you have. We also don't know what did you do during the gap, so coming up with well informed answers isn't possible.

The break would certainly go against you if you didn't do anything significant. You'll have to justify the reason and how you utilised your time to minimize the impact. If you get through GATE and get your M.Tech then the interviewers will be more interested in testing you on the basis of your knowledge. However, if you appear for Interview with a few years of gap - then things are certainly going to be against you.

Don't lose heart and keep applying. Life's full of surprises.
  • Chinu1
    Chinu1
    One year gap is no issue. If you will score good marks in Gate than its better for you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi guys i am new to this .my name is yuvaraj.can anybody suggest me some simple topics for mini project.a simple one
Evolution of human intelligence was probably aided by survival of the fittest. This is becoming less relevant with technology (a product of human intelligence) supporting the less fit to survive....
hello everyone can anyone give me a suggestion on creating a design project which can monitor fire (with microcontroller) in a school room.
It looks like the Android 4.1.2 firmware to be released sometime in December will bring the much awaited multi-view feature from Galaxy Note II to Samsung Galaxy S3. Few of...
Consider that you have a lead acid battery, (the ones used in automobiles). how do you determine whether the battery is fully charged, or partially charged or completely empty. any...