What does [spam] tag in posts mean?

Quite a long time I have been observing many CEans specially CE Admin/CE Mods/CE Editors using [spam] kind of tag in their posts. Two questions are disturbing me from that time.๐Ÿ˜”

1. Does text written in [spam] means "Don't read it. Its time wastage" or it means "This text contains words in language other than English" or it means "This text is off the topic of the thread"?
2. Does it mean that "This post is spam. CE mods are supposed to delete it". A kind of signal for CE mods.Is it?

Can anyone here clarify what is the usage of this special kind of tag in the posts, so that others can also start using it soon.๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hah! I never thought someone would ask this ๐Ÿ˜

[spam] is not a tag, its just an indication that the poster is aware that the current post is out of context. It is not necessarily meant for deletion. None of the mods use words other than English unless absolutely required.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    The_Big_K
    Hah! I never thought someone would ask this ๐Ÿ˜

[spam] is not a tag, its just an indication that the poster is aware that the current post is out of context. It is not necessarily meant for deletion. None of the mods use words other than English unless absolutely required.
    So this means when we want to say something out of the context in our post, we have to mark that post with [spam] in it. But we use PS: also separately sometimes in our post for same case. Isn't it?๐Ÿ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anything is ok ๐Ÿ˜€ ! You have the freedom to choose how you express yourself. Please note that we only have restrictions on -

1. Using SMS Text.
    2. Using language other than English.
    3. Post formatting [Those long trails of dots hurt our eyes!]

I believe these restrictions are very well justified. What say? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    As far as I know, only Biggie uses that tag ๐Ÿ˜›

Us mods never go off topic *puts halo on head*
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    @Big_K : Thanks for the clarification and liberty gven.๐Ÿ˜€

@ash: I remember once Mayur Sir has also used but forgot in which thread.๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    As far as I know, only Biggie uses that tag ๐Ÿ˜›

Us mods never go off topic *puts halo on head*
    [spam]: Nice avatar, Ash. ๐Ÿ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey CEans, I really hate facebook, but I've to admit it has a huge base of popularity, Big K made a group for CE (I coincidencely found it), All CE...
As part of my project im developing a PIC programmer.I have understood that using bootloader i can easily download programs into the controller.Can someone give me some more idea on...
HI, all i have made a program to print a pyramid in vb0.6 but its looking like: * * * * * * * * * * * * *...
I regularly access one website for my mobile applications and ringtones, This site was accessing till 2 months before. But suddenly for the past two months im not able...
I am doing a Wireless ECG. I get the ECG signal and I transmit it via FM. Once I input the ecg signal to the FM transmitter input the CRO...