How to unlock pattern lock on an android phone

my motorola phone is locked and i forgot my pattern lock. how can i unlock my phone without formatting

Replies

• Dipankar Ganguly
    Dipankar Ganguly
    Which android version your phone is running? If it is Android 4.4 and below, you should see a forgot pattern option on the lock screen. You can tap on it, enter your Google account/Gmail password and unlock ur device.
    If ur running Android 4.4 and above, then u can unlock the pattern lock without losing data by using the Android device manager or the Find my mobile option (if that is installed on your phone and enabled). Head on to this#-Link-Snipped-#, log in using ur Gmail ID. After the interface loads up, click on LOCK. U'll now be prompted to enter a temporary password which will override ur existing lock (pin/pattern etc). Type that same password on ur mobile, and it'll be unlocked.
  • Eng.asish kumar
    Eng.asish kumar
    thanks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I guess the most important data on any phone is contacts and photos clicked through camera. If you use Google Android phone and have auto backed up your photos to Google photos you're all set. Android, I guess backs up contact with your Google account automatically.

Simply do a factory reset.
  • Eng.asish kumar
    Eng.asish kumar
    Will the process same for Iphone ? When i forget my password

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The recent trend in smartphones getting all glass body design, the bezel-less edge to edge displays with glass back is making them very susceptible to damage when dropped from a...
Mozilla's mission of keeping the web open and neutral will further proliferate with its launch of the new stable version of Firefox quantum browser. Firefox Quantum is twice as fast,...
UC Browser can no longer be found on Google Play Store. Yes, the famous Alibaba-owned mobile browser has been removed from the Play Store. However other UCWeb Applications like UC...
3.7 billion-year-old living fossils (stromatolites) have recently been uncovered by a team of researchers from Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment (DPIPWE) and the University of Tasmania in...
NASA in a bid to increase its energy efficiency and sustainability in its space missions is gearing to test a Space Nuclear reactor, powered by Uranium 235 reactor core, to...