What does 64k on SIM card indicate?

hi,

when we take out any simcard we find the brand logo on it(like airtel etc). below that we often see 64k written somewhere at the bottom.

What does this 64k signify??

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Hey friend note that it is 64 kB of memory that is used for storing some of your contacts to SIM and also some messages you receive
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    its typically all the vendors of telecom cellular company they are providing the contacts saved in the typical subscriber memory such that he can retrieve the important thing like contacts and less than 20 messages in that. so SIM's which are available they started from 16k to 128k to have more information can store in that and easy to move to other handset with out copying the information.before also we do have on GSM SIMS starts from 16kb onwards....
  • Yournished
    Yournished
    It represents the amount of memory of the sim card in kilobytes. If you do 3G browsing, it will be much better to use higher values of sim card for your smartphones.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i like to do a mini project with piezo electric crystals for project exhibition. Could anyone suggest me a gud topic?
R.I.P Tony Greig. AMUL's Tribute to Tony Greig- England captain turned commentator.. The_Big_K
When a transformer winding suffers a short circuit, the adjoining turns of the same winding experience which force, is it repulsive or attractive?
Is there any easy trick trace to Tower of Hanoi problem manually? (for 4 and 5 disks)
These features need to be lit again small-talk KYCE CE- Labs Do post other features which are dormant in CE also provide some reliable solutions for reactivating these features? PS:...