What career options are available for me after my engineering

#-Link-Snipped-#

Hello sir,
I am a 2015 passout in Computer Science.. i ve completed my engineering with first class aggregate.
but the problem is i dont actually know what options are available for me now after completing my engineering..
I only know 3 fields 1). Development 2). Testing 3). DBA (database)
so my questions are..
1). What other fields are available besides the three that are trending in the job market..
2). Which field would be good for me, as i am not so great in coding.. (but i can always learn)
3). which career option is good Testing or DBA with respect to career growth, salary growth, more options.. (if i dont choose development)
4). Are there other field options available in IT besides development..

"I am just exploring my options, because i think i am considered a fresher for 1 year after completing my degree.. "
Thank you..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    DhananjayP
    but the problem is i dont actually know what options are available for me now after completing my engineering..
    You've got all the options in the world open. But your decision should strictly be based on your interests; basically 'stuff you'd love to do'. If you want to make a career in IT industry, the options you listed are the top ones to choose from; if you aren't aware of the other options. There's ERP, Graphics, Networking, System Analysts, IT (administration), web designing and so on.

1. 'Development' itself is a vast field that basically finds its way into most of the computer related jobs.

2. What are you really good at? That should decide the kind of job you should get into. Rather than focusing on what you are 'not good at', think about what is it that you'd love to do. Do you think designing video games is exciting? Then go into game designing. Do you think programming for the Internet is cool, then learn web programming languages and so on.

3. There is no guarantee that testing or DBA or any other field will offer GREAT career growth, GREAT Salary, On Site Trips, Great social status. It's something that YOU have to achieve in ANY field that you enter with your hard work, dedication and knowledge. You have equal chances of failure or success in any field that you enter.

4. IT is a broad domain and all the things you've mentioned are covered in it. You may go for testing, database administration, game development, web programming, hardware engineering, networking and so on....

Anyone who does not have work experience is typically considered a fresher.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have done my 6 months training in android.and since that I have not coded again?I am on the verge of getting isolated with android.can u suggest something worth doing.
Hi there, I'm looking for information, design processes and implementation of a complete system from a web design, mobile app and bluetooth fitness tracker that all sync with each other....
Is it illegal to have two degrees at same time period from different University... Just for general information if someone do b.Tech at same time period from two different University...
Hi fellow CEians! It may be an already answered question or thought of by someone else, but I have to blurt it out..so here goes! We all pretty much know...
Hai sir myself Naveen , i just attended an INTERVIEW for Axis bank:HR asked why you have choosen banking careers after your Pg in Electrical engineering....... I just stuck for...