What are the keys areas I need to cover to become a Database Developer?

I want to major in Database but i'll like to know the necessary areas i have to learn in other to fulfill this dream.

Replies

• Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande

Well, to become good in databases one should know some general programming like Java or C#. 

Apart from that some basic understanding of SQL is must.

Soft skills are integral part of any system So one should always consider it as the default requirement.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

You don't need any specific background in coding to become a database developer. I'd say install MySQL on your computer and start learning the SQL (Structured Query Language). There are plenty of tutorials available on the Internet that teach you SQL.

Download a tool like SequelPro or MySQL Workbench so that you can see the data that your queries return.

That'd be a good start towards becoming a database developer. 

Does this answer your question?

• Solomon Knii
    Solomon Knii

#-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#, thank you all for your input. I'm most grateful.

I have started my journey on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 with the help of a few tutorials.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Give MySQL a try. You'll love it. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Any ideas on a Database Project for an IT student?
Give sufficient reasons so that I can understand it is tough for me to know where charge goes and why
Even the food industry alone covering packaging of food materials in various forms (including raw, partially processed or ready to consume), delivery packaging to the consumer, and even eating use...
Hello, I need some suggestions, as I am using Delta PLC hardware which I need to connect through Wireless push notification sensor which sends the data to email...
Hello, I have a problem doing my Final Year project where it is about AES where i'm not familiar. I don't know where to start and I don't have any...