We are on this forum to talk/rant/babble/express!

The whole point behind an online community is to talk. We log-in here daily to participate in the discussions. We should be here to initiate discussions and express thoughts on most of the things that comes in the 'What's New' section.

All the CEans should be talking on every thread. No thread should go unnoticed. Only then will the motive behind the discussions is reached.

If it's a technology, gadget, problem that you haven't heard of, search for it and try to give whatever little input you can. Our forum is not a blog where we just come, read and leave without commenting. We are a community. And we come together each day to take back something useful from this platform. This is only possible if every CEan gives his/her opinion, gets crossed by someone other CEan and build interesting threads.

We should leave no stone unturned. Think about it. I would like to see you all talk/rant/babble/express in this thread too. All of us are here to read your opinions.

Replies

• avii
    avii
    yeah, I love trolling, especially in General Sections ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    avii
    yeah, I love trolling, especially in General Sections ๐Ÿ˜
    Yeah. We can see that from your pro-active participation in all the discussions. Only if all CEans could do the same, the time spent on CE will become more and more interesting and intuitive.
  • avii
    avii
    ^yeah, the no. of posts / threads is far compared to no. of members registered. I visit one tech forum, which has just 15K members but no. of posts is almost 1,000,000 ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

many people here are just registering & not actively participating in discussions. And few just register, post their query & vanish for eternity โ˜•
  • avii
    avii
    And also most of the online forums I visit does not have more than 70-80 active members. By active member I mean, who are always online on forum & keep on posting new stuff.

Though I am talking in comparison with tech forums, not sure how it works in educational forums. Here is stat of India's top higher education forum [GRE] :

939,098 posts in 105,149 threads.
    We currently have 142,806 members registered.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    #-Link-Snipped-#: The forums you talk about have many questions (problems) and people give answers.

Here we have techincal questions and initially people came here only for projects and free lunches!

If we had entertained giving project codes , and if we had given them ready made solution for their questions we would have more number of posts by now. but the basic idea of our forum is to generate ideas and make people work/code their home work and presentation.

So qualitatively we are good. And quantitatively we will be good too in coming days.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    English-Scared
    #-Link-Snipped-#: The forums you talk about have many questions (problems) and people give answers.

Here we have techincal questions and initially people came here only for projects and free lunches!

If we had entertained giving project codes , and if we had given them ready made solution for their questions we would have more number of posts by now. but the basic idea of our forum is to generate ideas and make people work/code their home work and presentation.

So qualitatively we are good. And quantitatively we will be good too in coming days.
    Exactly! ๐Ÿ˜€

All the CEans should use CE to put their opinions about anything and everything. Be a speaker. In fact, be outspoken. Go there and start threads and share with us what you are feeling about things around you, be it technical or non-technical. ๐Ÿ‘ That's how we grow together.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Be a speaker. In fact, be outspoken. Go there and start threads and share with us what you are feeling about things around you, be it technical or non-technical. ๐Ÿ‘
    I'm seeing lot of Regular Watchers on CE who don't speak but views most of the threads. In fact even I'm at sometimes. But I'd probably speak in the threads where I could ๐Ÿ˜€

Lets make the forum good and big
  • avii
    avii
    English-Scared
    Nope. If you look at Threads ~ Posts ratio, then you will know these are not just Question- Answer types.

But :

English-Scared

I agree with this totally !! ๐Ÿ˜€

English-Scared
    Yes ๐Ÿ˜‰

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The mysteries of the Puma Punku ruins in South America are explored. Investigators tap into forensic evidence and computer tests to study whether aliens may have inhabited this sophisticated complex....
Edward Glassman, PhD was the President of the Creativity Collegeยฎ, a division of Leadership Consulting Services, Inc., and Professor Emeritus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where...
Summer season is at the doorsteps if you are living in the northern hemisphere. Many of us use refrigerators. But I have had the sad experience that the chilled water...
what would be better for me doing job in tcs or m tech from coep?
Ever heard of a phone that can sense your mood and emotion? Ever imagined that a phone could gauge the emotions of you with your friends and relatives and form...