Watts, KW, Volts, Amps Relation

What is 10 KW generator, I get confused if it is delivering power at 215 volts ๐Ÿ˜”, and producing voltage at 1200 volts internally ๐Ÿ˜” ๐Ÿ˜” and actually company rated 10 KW. Please help me solve this internal mess.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Generally power is measured in Watts.

So power P = VICos@

V = Voltage in Volts , I = Current in Amps. Cos@ = power factor.

Be more clear for a clear answer.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    KW means x 1000 Watts = Current x Voltage,and cos@ as well but it is normally 1, for AC power.
  • aspardeshi
    aspardeshi
    Well My problem is that when a person design a generator, he is not sure how much power output it will give, like for example I have seen generators which design 1200 volts or 240 volts also, so how to calculate the power requirement of my home or factory and make the generator suitable for it. how to adjust volts and amps to make it suitable for every device. Please help. Thanks in advance.
  • aspardeshi
    aspardeshi
    Well My problem is that when a person design a generator, he is not sure how much power output it will give, like for example I have seen generators which design 1200 volts or 240 volts also, so how to calculate the power requirement of my home or factory and make the generator suitable for it. how to adjust volts and amps to make it suitable for every device. Please help. Secondly if my factory power requirement is 150 kw then can i combine the generators together to match the output requirement. Thanks in advance.
  • aspardeshi
    aspardeshi
    Well My problem is that when a person design a generator, he is not sure how much power output it will give, like for example I have seen generators which design 1200 volts or 240 volts also, so how to calculate the power requirement of my home or factory and make the generator suitable for it. how to adjust volts and amps to make it suitable for every device. Please help. Secondly if my factory power requirement is 150 kw then can i combine the generators together to match the output requirement. Thanks in advance. ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    sauravgoswami
    KW means x 1000 Watts = Current x Voltage,and cos@ as well but it is normally 1, for AC power.

Hey Saurav I think you got confused buddy , since if power factor is generally 1 then there will be very less losses but that's not the case !!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all, I am looking for seminar topics. please suggest some topics at the earliest. Thank You.
Hi everyone.I'm newbie here.๐Ÿ˜Ž Just find out the site and I think it is very informative.
can we run conveyer belt on the principle of bullet train i.e. magnetic leviataion?
hey guys i have been searching for a dev board of 8051 but cannot find a good and cheap one, can anyone help me? i want a board that can...
i had worked on this for my mini project thought of sharing...if got any question please go ahead! here's the link : Grey Matter: My Mini Project - Optical Responsive...