Voice Operated Guidance Systems for Vision Impaired People with GPS technology

Project Abstract / Summary : People with impaired in sight always use a white cane or guide dogs for walking. But in the modern society due to heavy traffic and pollution it is difficult for them to find the way to reach the destination. Even the guide dogs can’t be used for various purpose. In order to overcome this difficulties for the visually challenged people “Voice Operated Guidance Systems for Vision Impaired People with GPS technology”. The prototype consists of a white cane with google map features and a inbuild voice based GPS systems connected to it. Person can first set the destination with the help of a small mic in the white cane and the GPS system will navigate them with the directions and also gives information about the on coming buses and nearby bus stops. It also has a sensor to detect any obstacles like stone pieces in their path ,so that they can walk without any disturbance.This will help the visually challenged persons to come out of their dark lives with new hope and this will be a new beginning for them!

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : I choose this topic because we all know that the visually challenged people need some assistance in all the works they do especially when they walk down the roads this make them dependent on others.But i want them to be independent like we so this idea came into my mind and that's why i choosed this topic!

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: EASWARI ENGINEERING COLLEGE
City: CHENNAI
State: TAMILNADU
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A research team working on a ground-breaking project at University of California Berkeley has successfully developed “Bloom”, first ever 3D printed cement structure. The innovative structure was unveiled by Ronald...
Project Abstract / Summary : Our project City complaint app is basically an android application which will register the complaints facing by citizens and send them to municipal corporation. In...
Project Abstract / Summary : In this project we are working on the ‘Bearing’ mainly used in the mills which are used for crushing sugar in the sugar industries. At...
Project Abstract / Summary : This project relates to android technology. The main prespetive of the application is to make use of data and memory of a mobile efficiently.In this...
Project Abstract / Summary : In order to develop gravel less concrete and creating a surface which has a permanent texture to paint, to reduce the temperature of the roof...