Visiting Tadoba National Park And Tiger Sighting In Monsoon!

Not many people know that the Tadoba - Andhari National Park remains open for the guests even during the monsoon season. I planned a surprise for my family last weekend - didn't tell them where we were going until we finally reached the destination; and boy, it was super fun!

After researching online for a few days, I zeroed in on the Kolara Gate - as it seems to offer more tiger sightings. But as you'd guess the forest is extremely dense (I mean it) in the monsoon season and the visibility is restricted to not more than 10-15 ft off the jungle track. You've to be extremely lucky to spot anything, except the greenery of course.

The Svasara Resort, where we stayed, is about 1 minute away from the Kolara Gate. The resort staff for very helpful and enquired at the gate whether we'd be allowed in for the afternoon safari. They told us we can get in the 3:30 PM safari. On weekends the entry fee is Rs. 1000 per vehicle (compared to Rs. 750 on weekdays) and the guide fee is Rs. 300. It all looked like a total was as we were not expecting anything but a simple ride in the jungle.

But just as lucky as one could be; we spotted a tiger in the first 20 minutes into the jungle! The guide told us that it was a tigress named 'Tara' and she was already hungry. The driver turned off the gypsy about 50 ft away from the animal.

The tigress totally ignored us and continued checking the trees and plants around. As she moved, we began following her and this continued for about 20-25 minutes. I tried getting closer shots but the lens didn't keep up. Here are few of the shots I captured -

Tadoba-Tiger-1 Tadoba-Tiger-2 Tadoba-Tiger-3

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I've been meaning to go for a tiger safari for a long time! Thanks biggie, this helps! 😀

Out of curiosity, which lens was this - 55-250 or 75-300?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Reliance Jio is leaving no stone unturned for a big bang launch of their 4G services in India by December this year. Yesterday, on the eve of India's Independence Day,...
hi everyone i m a student of final year civil engineering , and i wanted to give my seminar on rollar coaster steel structure. I m not so sure about...
I am very interested in project management. So,i choose my project on topic "Project management simulation" for B.Tech final year. Now i want some guidance and want to know about...
hai sir, i am having a doubt in interview series.i am having all the eligiblity criteria based on marks but i am having one arrear now and i am having...
curious to know about this